Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since the update from like a week ago, the button option to configure my personalisation settings or manage my accounts are gone. I thought the gear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DonnDacalanio, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

Since the update from like a week ago, the button option to configure my personalisation settings or manage my accounts are gone. I thought the gear button was the 'new' dark-light view toggle. Can anyone direct me where can I change my settings for this app?

:)

DonnDacalanio, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 20, 2022
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

1. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone? - Similar Threads - Mail App Settings

2. Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone: I've seen partial answers to this question, but I'm still having trouble.I want to use Windows 11 Mail App until Outlook for Windows the new app allows other accounts to be added.But when I go to add a signature, no formatting options are available.I tried repairing the app -...
  3. Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mail App - Signature Options Gone: I've seen partial answers to this question, but I'm still having trouble.I want to use Windows 11 Mail App until Outlook for Windows the new app allows other accounts to be added.But when I go to add a signature, no formatting options are available.I tried repairing the app -...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?

Windows 10 Mail App - Settings button gone?: Since the update from like a week ago, the button option to configure my personalisation settings or manage my accounts are gone. I thought the gear button was the 'new' dark-light view toggle. Can anyone direct me where can I change my settings for this app?...
  5. Windows Mail app Signature gone

Windows Mail app Signature gone: Hi, Up until yesterday my windows mail app was great and had a custom signature for all accounts. Today, i had a windows update and the app was shutting down every time it opened after the update. I had to reset the app and when I did so I lost my custom signature. I...
  6. Windows 10 Mail "Options/More Mail Settings" button has dissappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail "Options/More Mail Settings" button has dissappeared: I can no longer find the "Options" formerly "More Mail Settings" link on my Windows 10 Mail account settings so that I can change the address for the SMTP and IMAP4 server. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application; it made no difference. However, I had no...
  7. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  8. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings: Whenever I click on "Focussed Inbox" or "Notifications" in settings, the Mail app just crashes. Other settings appear to work but these two never do. I have tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck. Windows 10 1809...
  9. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...
  10. Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive: I used to use Windows Live Mail 2012 but up until about a week ago, it stopped syncing my hotmail account. I got an email in May or June about upgrading to a new program or something that was taking place in July I believe, but it kept working so I didn't do anything. Now...