Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 to use my two hotmail accounts. I have gone through the settings panel to set up the various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by edkay76, Jun 3, 2019.

1. edkay76 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed

Hi,

I am using the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 to use my two hotmail accounts.

I have gone through the settings panel to set up the various options (no message threading, change default font, remove the default signature, turn off focussed inbox etc)

However, at various intervals when I go back to the app, the settings have returned to the defaults, and my changes have been removed. This has happened three times now in the past 8 months, and is becoming increasingly annoying.

Are the settings being removed during a windows update, or during an app update? How can I stop this from happening? And if not, how can I back up my settings so that I can just restore them the next time this occurs.

It continues to baffle me as to why app settings get cleared when apps are updated. What's the point in having settings if they can be so easily removed, in the modern world when apps are updated every few weeks or so?

Thanks

:)

edkay76, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 3, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed - Similar Threads - Mail App Settings

2. Getting Mail on the Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  3. Getting Mail on the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  4. Windows Mail Keep Getting Old Mail to the Inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Keep Getting Old Mail to the Inbox: I bought a new Acer Desktop with Windows 11. My only issue is with Windows Mail. I had Windows Mail on my old computer which had Win. 10. I am not sure about the version of Mail. In setting up the new comp. When I got to mail my address that I have always used came up. I...
  5. need to remove Outlook mail icon/setting from system settings as default mail app

need to remove Outlook mail icon/setting from system settings as default mail app: By mistake Outlook was set as default mail app. How do I remove it? This is the location in settings. it was originally not there.Before this happened and I would copy a link and my chrome/ aol would open. I do not use outlook other than to write in this forum.Can someone...
  6. My Mail app keeps disappearing from settings

My Mail app keeps disappearing from settings: I keep having to download mail and calender app to my default apps list. But even with not turning my PC off a certain time later it will just disappear and just who the + on email with choose a default. I have reset to Microsoft recommended and it shows nothing under...
  7. How to remove the sidebar on the windows 10 mail app

How to remove the sidebar on the windows 10 mail app: Hey i want to remove this sidebar which shows a preview of the email. It is very annoying for me and i would like to know how to remove it. Please ignore the markup, i didn't want people to see my emails. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop - Netflix App keeps getting removed

Windows 10 Desktop - Netflix App keeps getting removed: This is driving me absolutely crazy!!! I install the official Netflix Windows app through the Microsoft app store. Then some time later could be an hour or two, I notice that the app is completely gone. It's still listed in My Library when going back into the app store,...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings: Whenever I click on "Focussed Inbox" or "Notifications" in settings, the Mail app just crashes. Other settings appear to work but these two never do. I have tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck. Windows 10 1809...
  10. Windows 10 mail app keeps syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app keeps syncing: Okay so I booted my computer today and select the windows 10 mail app and it had updated today. Now it won't stop syncing and Uni stack Service group is causing high disk usage. What should I do? 81259