Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 to use my two hotmail accounts. I have gone through the settings panel to set up the various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by edkay76, Jun 3, 2019.

1. edkay76 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed

Hi,

I am using the Windows Mail app on Windows 10 to use my two hotmail accounts.

I have gone through the settings panel to set up the various options (no message threading, change default font, remove the default signature, turn off focussed inbox etc)

However, at various intervals when I go back to the app, the settings have returned to the defaults, and my changes have been removed. This has happened three times now in the past 8 months, and is becoming increasingly annoying.

Are the settings being removed during a windows update, or during an app update? How can I stop this from happening? And if not, how can I back up my settings so that I can just restore them the next time this occurs.

It continues to baffle me as to why app settings get cleared when apps are updated. What's the point in having settings if they can be so easily removed, in the modern world when apps are updated every few weeks or so?

Thanks

:)

edkay76, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 3, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App - Settings keep getting removed - Similar Threads - Mail App Settings

2. Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App Crashes in Settings: Whenever I click on "Focussed Inbox" or "Notifications" in settings, the Mail app just crashes. Other settings appear to work but these two never do. I have tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck. Windows 10 1809...
  3. How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10: Hey, i was wondering on how i can chnage what settings me and the users of the computer is able to go into. For an example if i want to block accounts settings in the settings app what would i do then? Please help me i need this fast! Also if it is possible to do in the...
  4. Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app

Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app: Trying to set up my BT e mail accounts in Windows 10 mail. They seem to set up OK but then I keep getting a message that settings are out of date and asked to reinput password. The passwords are fine as I can access the accounts on ipad or on the webserver. How do I get them...
  5. Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app: sorry if this get confusing but my problem is that for some reason if i send mail to myself with another acc the mail app will show it and put that number on the mail app pinned to the taskbar and start. but if its not from me i will still get the notification for it in the...
  6. Mail App keeps crashing

Mail App keeps crashing: Up until a few days ago the Mail app was working fine but all of a sudden It stopped working. Every time i open it it crashes a few seconds later. I have tried resetting it and uninstalling it through powershell but nothing has worked. I ended up calling Microsoft support and...
  7. Mail App Keeps Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Keeps Crashing: Hi. My computer performed an automatic Windows update a couple of weeks ago and since then my Mail app keeps crashing. It will open briefly and it looks like the mail has been recently synced, but after a couple of seconds the app crashes. What can I do to fix this? I'm on...
  8. Windows 10 mail app keeps syncing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app keeps syncing: Okay so I booted my computer today and select the windows 10 mail app and it had updated today. Now it won't stop syncing and Uni stack Service group is causing high disk usage. What should I do? 81259
  9. Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App: In W10 Mail App we can change the sync mailbox settings to 'based on my usage', 'manually' and sever time periods. What exactly do the first two mean? And how can we manually sync them; is there a button to do so? Thank you. 84400
  10. Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10: Thanks for the advice. I've done everything suggested but still receiving not synced yet message. Any other ideas? Could it have anything to do with PlusNet? 6166