Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just as the subject says... Somehow after one of the Windows updates, some of my settings in the Mail App reset to default i.e. color scheme,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeMacino, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...

Just as the subject says... Somehow after one of the Windows updates, some of my settings in the Mail App reset to default i.e. color scheme, conversation view, etc.. I switched everything back but the search function is still showing results in "conversation" view. I've tried toggling between the two options and still it does the same thing. Every time i toggle to "conversation", the rest of my mail shows in that mode. When i toggle it back to "individual", the rest of my mail shows individually. BUT search remains in conversation view no matter what i do!

HALP!

:)

GeorgeMacino, Oct 19, 2020
  2. romeozor Win User

Set Mail app to show mail subject on top instead of sender

In the Mail app's list view, I would like to view the mail's subject on top for each item. The default is showing the senders of the mail conversation on top, then the subject with smaller font, then the content brief.

In the Outlook app, I used to be able to set this order. Is it somehow possible for Mail?

I looked in all the options of the app and the help it linked to. Also googled some, but not exactly sure what I'm supposed to search for to reduce irrelevant results.

romeozor, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Remonator Win User
    Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...

windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on...

1. Windows 10 Mail app showing search results in "conversation" mode but setting is on... - Similar Threads - Mail app showing

2. Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location: Running W11 completely updated and Mail app. I keep emails sorted in folders. When I can't find an email I do a search and it shows what I want, BUT IT DOESN'T TELL ME WHICH FOLDER IT'S IN. Why not? I want to move or work on the email or other emails in the same folder but I...
  3. Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location: Running W11 completely updated and Mail app. I keep emails sorted in folders. When I can't find an email I do a search and it shows what I want, BUT IT DOESN'T TELL ME WHICH FOLDER IT'S IN. Why not? I want to move or work on the email or other emails in the same folder but I...
  4. Mail App Search not finding most results

Mail App Search not finding most results: This thread described my problem but was locked 3 years ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/windows-10-mail-app-search-function-not-finding/1dc6c199-54eb-4b74-8582-24ac990d6a11 I believe that a working search is the...
  5. no app results in windows search

in Cortana
    no app results in windows search: After booting up my device I realised that none of the installed apps are shown in the windows search. Some of the folders pop up but not the app itself and it was working fine yesterday. I have tried to run the troubleshooter, restarted the windows search service. I have...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Search results disappear on click! Very Frustrating!!!

Windows 10 Mail App Search results disappear on click! Very Frustrating!!!: I have a bug in Windows 10 app. I run a search for an email, click "online", and the results show up. If I try to click on one of the search results, all the emails disappear. Link to screen capture....
  7. Windows search not showing settings or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not showing settings or apps: I recently updated to V 2004 and so far I had no issues whatsoever and kept doing what I usually did normally. One day when I booted, I went to search for a specific setting only to discover that nothing showed up except some random files that had the letters I typed in. Even...
  8. Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Search No Results: When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results. Any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-search-no-results/e1cdce7a-1131-48e8-ab53-d7bc2f2e0d32
  9. Windows 10 search bar not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search bar not showing results: It is probably something easy and I am just being dumb but I couldn't find anything about this. Imgur: The magic of the Internet 123184
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886