Windows 10: WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

Discus and support WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just today Windows Mail has started to shut down a couple of seconds after it opens without any intervention. I have run the image scan ( no errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jose Sedano, Jan 13, 2019.

1. WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

Just today Windows Mail has started to shut down a couple of seconds after it opens without any intervention.

I have run the image scan ( no errors detected ) and the image restore ( successfully ) but the problem is still there. Any one who can help with this ?

Many thanks

:)

Jose Sedano, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 13, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening

1. WIndows 10 Mail app shuts down immediately after opening - Similar Threads - Mail app shuts

2. Mail app shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  3. Mail app shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app shuts down: Mail app shuts down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-shuts-down/f7a843a4-3aea-4e7b-a22e-fdfced83a758
  4. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately: Windows 10.All was working fine but now the Microsoft store is not opening or opens and shuts down immediately.I tried all the suggestions, more than once, such as :-1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter 2. Change Your Date and Time Settings 3. Disable Your Proxy 4. Clear...
  5. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately: Windows 10.All was working fine but now the Microsoft store is not opening or opens and shuts down immediately.I tried all the suggestions, more than once, such as :-1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter 2. Change Your Date and Time Settings 3. Disable Your Proxy 4. Clear...
  6. Microsoft store not opening or opens and shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 randomly shuts down programs immediately after opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shuts down programs immediately after opening: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 10.0.18363.900 64-bit. When opening a program, some seem to open correctly at first, but then hang and immediately shut down; there are no error messages. Some apps work fine though. Crashing apps so far are: Notepad, Acrobat Pro,...
  8. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  9. Mail App Opens and shut down

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Opens and shut down: I have been using the Mail app for a couple of week now. I have two accounts - one a Gmail account and one a POP3 account. They have both been working fine. All of a sudden, when I open the Mail app, it sits for about 3 seconds and then closes. I cannot bring up settings as...
  10. MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening: Hi, Upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10 ok and all worked ok for a few days. Tried Edge and was quite impressed with speed and performance until a few days later it stopped working. When you open Edge the program starts but then immediately shuts down. Chrome and IE are both ok....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail shuts down

2. email shuts down in windows 10

3. windows 10 mail shutting down

4. windows 10 mail shuts down immediately,
  5. shut down windows mail,
  6. windows 10 mail app crashes after few minutes,
  7. windows mail apps shuts down,
  8. windows 10 email shuts down,
  9. windows 10 mail app premature shutdown,
  10. outlook opens then closes after few seconds,
  11. mail app win 10 opens then shuts immediately,