Windows 10: Windows 10 mail app stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 mail app stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BgRdWlf31, Oct 6, 2018.

1. BgRdWlf31 Win User

Windows 10 mail app stopped working

2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail worked fine! What is strange is that with all my other devices [iPad2, ipod touch 5th generation, galaxy tab s2 and LG V30 phone] and the Office 360/Outlook desktop shortcut i am still receiving my Verizon mail.

Anyone have any ideas what Windows did recently that makes the mail app totally non-functional?

The only other thing that happened around that time is that Google Chrome had an update but that shouldn't affect the Windows mail app?

If any other Windows 10 users out there use Verizon for their e-mail please advise on current mail setting steps [for Verizon mail] that i need to do to get this right.

:)

BgRdWlf31, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 mail app stopped working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail has stopped working

Hi Tony,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with accessing your emails.

From the above description, I understand, you can get into your Outlook.com account and access your emails in web based interface Outlook.com

• As you mentioned, "My Windows 10 Mail has stopped working", do you mean Windows 10 Mail App?

• Do you see any error message?

• The account you are facing issues with, is that the only and primary account configured in Windows 10 Mail App or it is an additional account?
    If additional account, then I suggest
    remove the account and reconfigure it, and check the behavior. This doesn’t delete the original account or messages—you’ll still be able to get to them through a browser.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

I also suggest you to go to People.Live.com
    and check if you are able to access your contacts from web based interface.

Please keep us updated with the status of the issue, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 mail app stopped working - Similar Threads - mail app stopped

2. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App - my email stopped syncing/working: My personal email with the domain @email.cz stopped syncing out of nowhere.It always worked without any problems at all.I'm able to add the account to the client via "Add account" -> "Other account POP, IMAP" as it has always been,but no emails will show up while I'm also...
  4. mail apps stopped working and cannot install

mail apps stopped working and cannot install: Suddenly my mail app stopped working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but now its gone and wont reinstall. Outlook is not functioning either. Also, I cannot install any other mail app on my PC....
  5. Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app stopped working in WIndows 10 lenovo laptop: Hi all, i found this forum to ask for you kind help. My mail app on Lenovo with Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. It wouldnt show any accounts, and after googling the solution, i went into Settings and them Mail and Calendar and reset it. It didnt work, so i uninstalled...
  6. Windows 10 mail app is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mail app is not working: Windows 10 , mail app, Desktop, My mail app would not sync any new mail yesterday and would come in with an error code to "try again later" each time I would manually re-sync it. I read inMS fixes how to reset the mail app under "mail and calendars". I did that and...
  7. Windows Mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mail app stopped working: For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail accounts. They wouldn't show anything. When I went to the Mail setting to manage the accounts, I could see them listed, but...
  8. Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly

Mail app on Windows 10 stopped working suddenly: Mail and Calendar was set up with all three my email accounts and working perfectly well until today. It suddenly stopped working and won't open again. When clicking on the icon, it appears briefly then disappears. Please help!!!...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.: Using Windows 10 Mail app, with 3 email accounts, 2 Hotmail and a Gmail address. At first all is well, mail is delivered as it arrives. After a while the first hotmail account has to be sync'd manually to get mail. After a while the other Hotmail address starts to need...
  10. Mail app for windows 10 not working

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app for windows 10 not working: I upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I went to the mail app to add my gmail accounts and was successful. I went to sync all my emails, and here is where it gets weird. It synced all my folders, but none of the messages synced. I went to options and selected:...