Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; the account I log in with stopped getting mail automatically again, took around a day this time. My other hotmail account and my gmail account continue... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imaddicted2u, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

the account I log in with stopped getting mail automatically again, took around a day this time. My other hotmail account and my gmail account continue to work properly. Closing/opening Mail doesn't fix, rebooting doesn't fix but turning email sync off and on again does make it work again. If you link inboxes, the account will have to be linked up again.
    I hope this helps someone else this happens to. Not a fix but a workaround until, hopefully, Microsoft fixes it.

imaddicted2u, Mar 3, 2017
  2. gtspeck Win User

I use the mail app with 4 accounts. 2 are sync 15 min the others 2 hours. I have had no problems yet. I just wished it had more features.*Think

gtspeck, Mar 3, 2017
  3. I found an app called PingMail. I have it set to send a test mail to my logged in Hotmail account every hour from my Gmail account. So I at least know it when the Hotmail account stops syncing.The mails were coming as they arrived on the Hotmail server without issue for about 2.5 days, then it suddenly stopped. This time I'm going to set the account to sync every 15 minutes to see if it stops again. My other Hotmail address continues to work properly.

imaddicted2u, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Since the last Mail and Calendar update 02/03/2017 I now get notified with a popup every time new mail arrives
    So now I don't have to check every so often so handy when you are busy, because I receive over 60 e-mail a day

hTconeM9user, Mar 5, 2017
  5. Yes, I get the same....until the mail app stops syncing my main Hotmail account all together. Then i have to click to manually sync mail. I detailed the short term fix earlier in the thread. You shouldn't ever have to check mail manually. The default setting is for mail to be delivered as soon as the server receives it.

edit:
    Something I just noticed. Even though I've set the account to sync mail every 15 minutes...mail is still delivered as soon as it arrives on the server.

imaddicted2u, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Looks like I found a solution for my problem. It had turned into a real nightmare. The Mail app eventually began to drop my hotmail accounts all together, while leaving my Gmail alone. I tried resetting the app to no avail. Running the Windows store apps troubleshooter tells me the Windows Store Cache May Be Damaged - Not fixed I haven't found a solution for that. I tried resetting the Windows store but that didn't fix it.
    During the course of trying things I decided to reset Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. What a mistake that was. It stuck at 93% for many hours with no sign of advancing. I rebooted it, the program said it reversed the changes but there was tons of stuff missing and messed up. I tried to recover to the last restore point. When it went through and rebooted, it didn't. Not even to the Dell logo. Somehow the bios got corrupted. After many hours of research I figured out how to force a rewrite of the bios from a dos bootable memory stick. I restored the system from a hard drive image backup, thankful the machine was working again and for the first little while it seemed that the Mail app was working fine. That didn't last. What ever was causing the problem was obviously on my backup.
    After some more research I found this guide to uninstalling windows components through the PowerShell. How to uninstall default apps in Windows 10 - CNET
    I used the command line Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps. Then I went to the Microsoft store and reinstalled and set up the Mail and Calendar apps from there. It's only been a day but so far it has been working fine again. Sure would be nice if Microsoft would allow us to uninstall and reinstall their apps in situations like these instead of jumping through hoops to get it done.
    I hope this is a help to others that experience the same difficulties.

imaddicted2u, Mar 11, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    That's what I said in post #6 on the directions from MS.

Helmut, Mar 11, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Yes you did and thanks again. When I first tried to uninstall the Mail app, the uninstall command would show a bunch of errors in the Powershell and the app remained so couldn't be reinstalled but after I restored from the system image backup, the app was uninstalled correctly in the Powershell so I could reinstall it and it's still working as of now.

imaddicted2u, Mar 11, 2017
  9. Spoke too soon, after a couple of days it stopped syncing again.
    I notice the issue is logged with Microsoft. If you go in to Settings, Feedback look for "Email account is not syncing" It has almost 112k upvotes.

imaddicted2u, Mar 13, 2017
  10. rofl48 Win User
    I didn't even try the Powershell thing yet, but it looks like we'll have to wait for an update from Microsoft to fix all the issues.

rofl48, Mar 13, 2017
  11. In the short term I found, for me at least, that going in to Account settings, Manage accounts, Select the account, Change mailbox sync settings, then under Sync options toggle Email from on to off, Done, Save. Then go back in and turn Email sync back on and save it. This gets it syncing for me, for a while. Then I have to do it again.

imaddicted2u, Mar 13, 2017
  12. rofl48 Win User
    Problem is my mail app keeps removing my account since I did the reset thing. I'll have to do the powershell thing before using this temp solution you found.

rofl48, Mar 13, 2017
  13. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

Mine was dropping the accounts before reinstalling the app too. I wish Microsoft would just activate the uninstall button so buggy software could be more easily reinstalled.

imaddicted2u, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives.

1. Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Similar Threads - Mail app stops

2. Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives: When you have the Windows 10 Mail App open it has a list of Folders like Inbox , Drafts , Sent , etc. , but to get to the Junk folder you have to open "More" , that is a annoyance , but the issue is , you do not know when you have any emails in Junk UNTIL you open that folder...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App PC not showing when Junk mail arrives: When you have the Windows 10 Mail App open it has a list of Folders like Inbox , Drafts , Sent , etc. , but to get to the Junk folder you have to open "More" , that is a annoyance , but the issue is , you do not know when you have any emails in Junk UNTIL you open that folder...
  4. Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail: Hi I must be having a really brain dead day as I can't get the windows mail to work with Yahoo. I have went through the setup process successfully it says. However, I can't send receive any mail My contacts are listed.I have deleted and recreated the account with no change....
  5. Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail

Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail: Hi I must be having a really brain dead day as I can't get the windows mail to work with Yahoo. I have went through the setup process successfully it says. However, I can't send receive any mail My contacts are listed.I have deleted and recreated the account with no change....
  6. Windows mail on Windows 10 wont send/recieve yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Track Mail in Mail app in Windows 10

Track Mail in Mail app in Windows 10: Hi, I use Mail App in Windows 10. I don't know how tracking my send email. Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/track-mail-in-mail-app-in-windows-10/f5cdbcdc-c0e4-4649-b7c8-d25af5ba0ae9
  8. Windows 10 mail app, As Items Arrive option is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app, As Items Arrive option is missing: Here I just copy this link to other question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-as-items-arrive-option-is/4579422f-d761-46bd-9adc-2d48e89cd722 The thread is locked and I can not answer to it The my problem is that I have mail account...
  9. Windows Mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mail app stopped working: For the first time in several weeks I opened my computer and launched my Windows Mail app, but only my work email was getting synched, not my 2 gmail accounts. They wouldn't show anything. When I went to the Mail setting to manage the accounts, I could see them listed, but...
  10. Windows 10 mail app stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app stopped working: 2 weeks ago on my Lenova Yoga 910 laptop with Windows 10 Home (64 bit) my Windows 10 mail app stopped working. I stopped receiving any Verizon.net mail and any previous mail just totally disappeared. I know that AOL handles their mail now. However until 2 weeks ago my mail...