Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, recently I got a notice from Windows telling me that I was running out of storage room in one of the drives on my laptop. On the storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rafasosa, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Rafasosa Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use

Hello, recently I got a notice from Windows telling me that I was running out of storage room in one of the drives on my laptop. On the storage management it told me that the Mail app was using about 47GB of storage. On the Mail app I couldn't find any option to manage the storage. I changed my sync options to only have a week of emails. And finally when that didn't work I removed all the email accounts. Even so it still reads that I have that amount of storage used by the app. I also tried removing it and them re installing it but did work.

:)

Rafasosa, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail App Storage Use - Similar Threads - Mail App Storage

2. Uninstalled App Still Using Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled App Still Using Storage: I have recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 on my PC to free up some space, so I can play Flight Sim. However it has had no effect on the storage, but there is no indication of it still being there in the files of my PC. I have restarted an updated but still no effect....
  3. Windows 10 Mail - Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail - Storage: The mail app on my PC Windows 10 Pro - version 2004, it is using 6.8GB, I have deleted the accounts and the uninstalled the app. How do I remove this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-storage/ef83632f-a4f2-4d78-8453-0550e51bd9e9
  4. Cannot Use Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Use Mail App: Basicily i Cannot Login into My Outlook Account And Mail App Says Creating account... And There is A Screenshot [ATTACH] i https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-mail-app/f2985bce-0f8c-456b-84dd-63f9dc82b93f
  5. Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed

Mail Configuration Using The Windows Mail App Failed: Hello Everybody, I face the same issue that many Windows 10 users are have when configuring the settings for the Windows 10 Mail app. The configuration will fail with the following error messages: For Gmail: Error 0x8007139f For Outlook: Error 0x80004005 From the...
  6. Windows Mail storage folder

Windows Mail storage folder: An older version of Windows Mail allowed me to create a storage folder and subfolders so that I could save copies of email on my computer. I can't seem to find that option for my new computer with the latest version of Mail. Can someone point me in the right direction? I...
  7. Issue using Windows Mail app

Issue using Windows Mail app: Split from this thread. I use window not office okay thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-using-windows-mail-app/d1abbd26-9397-42dc-83e4-4f179ce0bcda
  8. Windows 10 Mail Storage

Windows 10 Mail Storage: In Settings -> Storage -> Local Storage -> Mail, is using 5.49 GB of storage. I have never used this app and there is no associated account with it. Why is it using over 5GB and how can I clear up that space?...
  9. Using the Draw feature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Draw feature in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] Email has been the most formal mode of communication, and it is usually difficult to express everything in writing. Also with the generation of devices that support touch and pen-based inputs, typing everything down does not seem obvious. If you [...] This post...
  10. Use mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...