Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Default Mail app keep suspending in background and i don't receive New mail notifications until i open the app. I am a power user... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WAJEEH.SHAH, May 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications.

Hello

Windows 10 Default Mail app keep suspending in background and i don't receive New mail notifications until i open the app. I am a power user so please keep the don't ask me to uninstall then reinstall, reset or these kind of thing BECAUSE I DID ALL THAT and at this point i am totally frustrated with this **** app. If anyone have any working solution then you are more than welcome here.

Windows 10 1909 Latest Updated

Mail Version 16005.12624.20368.0 Latest Updated

Thanks

:)

WAJEEH.SHAH, May 10, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, May 10, 2020
  3. isaumya Win User
    How add the Mail app to the Background Apps in Windows 10

Hi,
    I'm new here. As there isn't much place now to ask for Windows 10 help so I came here atlast inhope you guys can help me to sort out my issues with Windows 10.
    I've already seen this post - Solved Does mail run in the background? - Windows 10 Forums of your forum where you guys has mentioned that the Windows 10 default Mail app only run in background if the Calender app has been merged with it.
    I've merged the calender app and also set up my mail app, the the problem is that I don't receive any notification, when I receive new mails. So, I dig deep and find out that "Mail" app is not showing in the "Background Apps" list.

Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications. [​IMG]

Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications. [​IMG]

I've also tried to enable every kind of notification from Mail app, so that I receive the notification when new mail arrives. This is really important to me. Otherwise I miss my important emails.

So if any of you guys know how to fix this issue so that my Mail apps keep running on background and I get the notification for my new emails, please let me know and help. Though I'm not sure if this is only me or someone else too who is facing this same issue like me. Please help!

isaumya, May 10, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications.

Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

I use the Mail App with 6 Email accounts with a combined Live Tile and separate ones for specific accounts, they work but not all forms of notifications work all the time some are flakey.

I go to the simple stuff first.
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Get notifications from Apps and other senders > On
    Then the Apps list and switch on each Account and the Mail App.

Then on each of those Accounts and the Mail App click on them and set what type of notifications you require.

Then go to
    Settings > Privacy > background apps > Let apps run in the background > On
    Go down the long list to turn on Mail and Calendar.

Then finally go to the Tile > More and enable the Live Tile.
    and Restart.

Helmut, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications.

1. Windows 10 Mail App Suspended in background and i don't get new mail notifications. - Similar Threads - Mail App Suspended

2. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  3. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  4. No new mail notifications

No new mail notifications: Hi, i am not getting any new mail notifications either the badge on the icon or in the notification centre or even a banner but however i do get all those notifications when i open the mail app bit late though lol, i am using windows 11, and all the appropriate settins are...
  5. Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?: I have been searching the forums here and Google looking at every article I could find on this subject , and everything I find is a couple years old , what I am looking for is a FIX , for the Win 10 Mail App on my new to me PC , it has a fresh install/reset of Win 10 Home...
  6. How to prevent an app from being suspended? I'm not getting new mail notifications because...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent an app from being suspended? I'm not getting new mail notifications because...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Marko_xD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjs33z/how_to_prevent_an_app_from_being_suspended_im_not/
  7. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from suspending apps? It recently started to suspend the Mail app, and this seems to be preventing it from checking new messages, meaning I no longer get any email notifications unless I manually open the app. [ATTACH] Is there...
  8. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Recently, I've stopped getting any notifications for new mail unless I manually open the Mail app. I checked task manager and learned that Windows is suspending the app, preventing it from checking new messages. Mail issupposed to run in the background if left idle; it can't...
  9. Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app: sorry if this get confusing but my problem is that for some reason if i send mail to myself with another acc the mail app will show it and put that number on the mail app pinned to the taskbar and start. but if its not from me i will still get the notification for it in the...
  10. No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10

No notification Sound or Pop up for new mail in MAIL APP in Windows 10: NO Notification getting for new Email in MAIL APP. Tried all the settings in Notification, personal. Searched net for any notification settings I have missed but to no help. Is anybody else facing the same problem and found any solution OR should I switch to Outlook or...