Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The windows 10 mail app won't let me paste a url I copied from chrome. In fact, it won't let me paste ANY text at all. I have cleared all my browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lauren601, Apr 29, 2019.

1. lauren601 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's

The windows 10 mail app won't let me paste a url I copied from chrome. In fact, it won't let me paste ANY text at all. I have cleared all my browser cookies/cache and tried using the ctrl + c/v to copy/paste the text instead, but still nothing! And I'm NOT saying the link pastes, but not in hyperlink format- no. No text whatsoever pastes. I have several accounts linked to the mail app- gmail, edu, and my work accounts.

I didn't have a problem with this when I first began using the app. It is so frustrating! I had a MacBook for years before finally switching to PC and never experienced such useless issues.

Thanks for the help...

:)

lauren601, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Cannot paste into Windows Mail

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to clear the clipboard in Windows 10:

• On the search box, kindly type or copy and paste, cmd.exe /c cd 2>"%UserProfile%\empty.txt" & clip < "%UserProfile%\empty.txt".
    • Click on cmd.exe /c cd 2>"%UserProfile%\empty.txt" & clip < "%UserProfile%\empty.txt"
      (Run command).
    • Try to use the copy and paste function again.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair or reset the Mail app. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and select Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, find the name of the missing app. Click the app and select
      Advanced options (if available).
    • If a Repair option is available, click Repair. If this option is not available, or if Repair does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option, though you might lose any app data that was saved.

Let us know how it goes.

Julie Ram, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's

1. Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's - Similar Threads - Mail App won't

2. Notepad won't let me paste from clipboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad won't let me paste from clipboard.: Notepad won't let me paste from clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-wont-let-me-paste-from-clipboard/5fa8d79c-a3a5-40a3-b74a-d20449b30ed7
  3. Notepad won't let me paste from clipboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad won't let me paste from clipboard.: Notepad won't let me paste from clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-wont-let-me-paste-from-clipboard/5fa8d79c-a3a5-40a3-b74a-d20449b30ed7
  4. Computer Won't let me paste pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Won't let me paste pictures: Hello All -I am attempting to copy a group of pictures onto a back up drive and I am getting the attached message.My laptop is an IdeaPad Gaming 3 with currently 237 GB of memory with 226 GB being used. The backup drive I am trying to move items over to is a Seagate that is...
  5. Computer Won't let me paste pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't let me paste pictures: Hello All -I am attempting to copy a group of pictures onto a back up drive and I am getting the attached message.My laptop is an IdeaPad Gaming 3 with currently 237 GB of memory with 226 GB being used. The backup drive I am trying to move items over to is a Seagate that is...
  6. Computer Won't let me paste pictures

7. Mail app won't let me connect gmail account

Mail app won't let me connect gmail account: Hi,Got a new laptop recently and am trying to set up Mail so it has my gmail and hotmail accounts on. When I try it it keeps giving me a 'something went wrong' message with the error code 0x80070490. Tried various bits of internet troubleshooting advice but nothing has worked...
  8. Mail app in Windows won't let me connect my Gmail

Mail app in Windows won't let me connect my Gmail: I changed my password for my Google account, and when going into the Mail app, it says my settings are outdated. I pressed a button to fix my settings, but it didn't do anything, so I logged back in. When I tried to click on 'Gmail' to log back in, it just said that it was...
  9. Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked: By default, when I paste a website's URL copied from the browser address bar to a Mail app message, it will hyperlink the URL make it clickable but change its text to the title of the webpage... this can be a problem for someone not sure of what the link is actually for if...
  10. Pasting a URL into Mail

Pasting a URL into Mail: The default mail application in Windows does not let you paste a into the body of the message. This is absolutely abysmal usability. Looking at the help and community areas, there is a plethora of people with similar issues. While yes, for URLs you can go into the "Insert" ->...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paste into mail windows 10

2. app won tlet me copy

3. windows 10 mail wont let me add account