Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly, a message simply won't open so I can read it. I can see the collapsed form, with the first line of each of several messages that make up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuellaLan, Jun 2, 2019.

1. SuellaLan Win User

Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

Suddenly, a message simply won't open so I can read it. I can see the collapsed form, with the first line of each of several messages that make up the conversation trail, but not the body of the email.

:)

SuellaLan, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

1. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message - Similar Threads - Mail app won't

2. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  3. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app- Links in messages don't open when clicked

Windows 10 Mail app- Links in messages don't open when clicked: I keep on trying to open links in Mail for Windows 10, but it ALWAYS says, ' Unable to open https://___________________' I don't know what is wrong or if it is a bug, but it is really annoying that I have to copy it and then paste the link into Edge where I should just be...
  5. mail app won't open

mail app won't open: My mail won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/mail-app-wont-open/3b0339c6-64af-4e8b-a721-60186a20a44e
  6. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284
  7. Windows 10 Mail app will not open.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app will not open.: Three days after what appeared to be a smooth upgrade from Windows 8.1, I experienced a problem with complete loss of Start screen, Start button and Search was also none active. The only solution appeared to be to create another user account which seemed to bring things back...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app won't open right e-mail throught pop-up

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app won't open right e-mail throught pop-up: If a new e-mail message pops up in down right side corner of screen, then after clicking on that e-mail message Windows Mail app starts. This app shows first e-mail account general view instead the e-mail reading view, where it should redirect me after clicking pop-up...
  9. Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages

in Browsers and Email
    Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages: How can I move location of messages in windows 10 mail app form the default location on drive C: to drive d: ? Walter 97741
  10. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: I just installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3 and immediately updated it to the 10130 build. Anytime that I try to open up the Mail and Calendar apps, both will pop up for 1 second and then immediately crash. I've searched fixes but nothing has helped so far....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail app wont open

2. windows mail app wont open