Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I write "wollen" in my Emails a regular german word, it is corrected to "woollen", which is absolutely wrong. Where can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hobbamok, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Hobbamok Win User

Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words

Whenever I write "wollen" in my Emails a regular german word, it is corrected to "woollen", which is absolutely wrong.

Where can I fix this? Highlighting of "wrong" words or the like also happens but I don't care, I just want it to stop messing up my perfectly good German.

:)

Hobbamok, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words

Spell Checker not working in Mail or Word Windows 10

The spelling checker is working in my Windows 10 Mail, and gives suggest corrections in a list, but there is no ADD function shown, to add the word to a custom dictionary. Office 365 Spell checker has this capability and saves the 'new' word to 'custom.dic'
    and 'roamingdefault.dic. Mail seems to have this function, as the 'misspelt' word is at the bottom of the suggested alternatives but with a + in front of it. I assume this will then add it to a Mail custom dictionary but I can find no reference to what its
    file name is or where is it located, so I cannot go and edit it, which I can do with the Office 365 dictionary.

Regards,

Ed

Fleetchief, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words

1. Windows 10 Mail app wrongly corrects words - Similar Threads - Mail app wrongly

2. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  3. Microsoft Mail app not displaying Yahoo mail correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail app not displaying Yahoo mail correctly.: The Microsoft Mail app in Windows 10 recently stopped displaying Yahoo mail that is formatted in HTML. All is see now is a bunch of code see example below. Microsoft Outlook still displays it correctly, as does my iPad email client. My Gmail and Hotmail accounts are not...
  4. Microsoft Mail app not displaying Yahoo mail correctly.

Microsoft Mail app not displaying Yahoo mail correctly.: The Microsoft Mail app in Windows 10 recently stopped displaying Yahoo mail that is formatted in HTML. All is see now is a bunch of code see example below. Microsoft Outlook still displays it correctly, as does my iPad email client. My Gmail and Hotmail accounts are not...
  5. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from suspending apps? It recently started to suspend the Mail app, and this seems to be preventing it from checking new messages, meaning I no longer get any email notifications unless I manually open the app. [ATTACH] Is there...
  6. Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app

Windows wrongfully suspending Mail app: Recently, I've stopped getting any notifications for new mail unless I manually open the Mail app. I checked task manager and learned that Windows is suspending the app, preventing it from checking new messages. Mail issupposed to run in the background if left idle; it can't...
  7. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: This seems to be a problem for a number of people, I found that when searching how to fix it. I seem to have found a fix... We're in Australia, wife is Thai so she has English & Thai on her PC. I don't read Thai. She wants English as the default, Thai secondary. That is...
  8. Mail App is not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App is not working correctly: The Mail App installed on my Windows 10 PC works incorrectly. I cannot find an option to index it so I reindexed my PC. However, Mail App is still working incorrectly...
  9. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: I checked the forums already and the so-called solution posted is no good. I go to my Region/language settings, but there is no "advanced" button, and therefore I cannot override anything. The MAIL app keeps coming up in Thai language, even though I set my display language...
  10. No drag & drop in windows mail? Is this correct or is something wrong?

in Browsers and Email
    No drag & drop in windows mail? Is this correct or is something wrong?: I'm finally setting up my Win 10 updated machine. I was hoping to use Windows 10 Mail, because of its simplicity. However, there are several features missing that I use constantly. Drag & drop attachments is one. Am I correct that this feature is missing in Mail? 57375