Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When composing a message in the mail app, I want my text size to be the default 11px because that seems like a reasonable font size to send. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Redtopia, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Redtopia Win User

Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar

When composing a message in the mail app, I want my text size to be the default 11px because that seems like a reasonable font size to send. On the other hand, I prefer that my text is a bit larger, which makes it easier to read. If you zoom in when composing a message in the Mail app, you get a horizontal scrollbar, which is a terrible user experience all around.

In Outlook, I can send 11px fonts and set the zoom to 125% (or whatever), and there is still a single vertical scrollbar in the compose window.

Is there a way to zoom in without getting a horizontal scrollbar?

:)

Redtopia, Mar 6, 2019

2. Cannot compose an email in Windows 10 mail app

Hi Wilson,

In order for us to better assist you, we would like to ask a few questions regarding the issue on composing a new mail in the Mail app.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

To troubleshoot Mail app, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check this
    link and follow the instructions given.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar

Unable to compose, to reply, to reply all, and to forward in Outlook Mail app for Windows 10 Mobile

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for providing us the detailed description about this issue.

As the issue persists with only the primary account on Mail app, I suggest you to remove your account from Mail app, re-add it and verify once if you are able to compose, reply to emails on Mail app.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of composing emails on Mail app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar

1. Windows 10 Mail app - zoom in when composing adds horizontal scrollbar - Similar Threads - Mail app zoom

2. Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer: How to disable the annoying horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer left pane that keeps hiding my folder tree Windows 10. When I click on the long folder name an automatic horizontal scrollbar appear in the left pane in File Explorer and the scrollbar pushes to the right and...
  3. Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer: How to disable the annoying horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer left pane that keeps hiding my folder tree Windows 10. When I click on the long folder name an automatic horizontal scrollbar appear in the left pane in File Explorer and the scrollbar pushes to the right and...
  4. Disable horizontal scrollbar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Vertical/horizontal scrollbar missing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vertical/horizontal scrollbar missing after Windows 10 update: My Windows 10 desktop enterprise, version 1909 updated to April 13, 2021—KB5001337 OS Build 18363.1500, after that scroll bar control in was missing become totally blank, can not have the up or down arrows or the scroll bar. But scrollbar in my other desktop with previous...
  6. Excel VBA Coding Window Horizontal scrollbar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel VBA Coding Window Horizontal scrollbar: Hello All, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe!! Within the Excel VBA coding window I am unable to horizontally scroll at all, using either, my laptops touchpad (two finger gesture) or a seperate mouse wheel. It's actility pretty frustrating. I am able to press and...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Zoom Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Zoom Problem: Getting a little older and find myself needing to zoom / enlarge text so I can read it more easily. When I zoom in on a web page, using either Chrome or the new Chromium-based edge, all of the text remains visible left to right. The result of zooming is simply more lines of...
  8. Compose Email App

Compose Email App: When I am composing an EMail and I enter a letter in the TO: line I get many more people than are in my contact list. How do I just get my contact list only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compose-email-app/480011c7-b6a4-48ae-8564-ed0822ad3b1f
  9. Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is the compose new mail in the mail app?: I know this sounds dumb, but after the last update a couple of days ago, I can no longer find the compose new mail link in the mail app. I use windows 10 64 pro. After all the things I had to repair after the last update, I am not really surprised to find this problem. I...
  10. Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...