Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past week I have had a problem with Windows 10 e-mail & Calendar. It starts to open but disappears. Sometimes it opens but will not open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnWilcox49, Jan 12, 2021 at 4:17 PM.

1. Windows 10 Mail App

For the past week I have had a problem with Windows 10 e-mail & Calendar. It starts to open but disappears. Sometimes it opens but will not open listed e-mails in reading pane or while you are waiting to see it in the reading pane the program disappears. I tried to delete accounts and that worked but I there is no Add Account under manage accounts. I downloaded a new version from Windows store today Jan 12 but nothing changed. I am getting the same behavior on a Windows 10 x64 desktop and a Surface Pro X.

:)

JohnWilcox49, Jan 12, 2021 at 4:17 PM
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

4. Mel Tar Win User

Windows 10 Mail App

Thema:

Windows 10 Mail App

1. Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Mail App

2. Mail and Calendar App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail and Calendar App: I tired to load the Mail and Calendar App from the App store and it tells me that I "already own it" and it won't let me install. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/d4caf807-571a-495c-ad4a-79cd096b0d32
  3. Mail app signs my name on outgoing messages from any account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app signs my name on outgoing messages from any account: Hello! I've been using the Windows 10 Mail app and, for the most part, it works fine. I recently discovered that several of my emails I've sent from the app never actually sent (not in outbox, sent, or spam) and can only be found via search. A quick search on this sub...
  4. Can I download the Windows 10 Mail app somewhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I download the Windows 10 Mail app somewhere.: My Mail app in WIndows 10 has been acting strange for about 3 weeks now. And today it loads/opens but it is totally disfunctional. No emails, no folders for different email accounts. It is a mess. Can it be uninstalled and reinstalled somehow>...
  5. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Mail app: I have created folders in the More folders tab. Ex: Bank folder, then when I get mail in my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account from my bank that I have processed I can use theMove command to move it to More, Bank folder ans archive it there. I have been...
  6. Mail app not working properly.

Mail app not working properly.: After 3 or 4 years of working perfectly fine, my Mail app on Windows 10 has suddenly stopped working properly a few days ago. Initially it wouldn't stay open and would shut down soon after I opened it. Now it will open and will download my e-mails and I can see the list of...
  7. I can't delete an email account from the mail app which isn't shown in the "Accounts" settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't delete an email account from the mail app which isn't shown in the "Accounts" settings: I have added a Yahoo account which somehow got broke and not functioning in the mail app. Empty mailbox & not connected When I click on settings and manage accounts and click on my Yahoo account a pop-up happens but immediately closes. When I go to General settings and...
  8. Vanished Draft in Mail App

Vanished Draft in Mail App: I was typing a draft in the Mail app on Win 10 when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't appear in the Trash folder, it wasn't sent, how might I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanished-draft-in-mail-app/d2fd68a2-fcdd-4aa0-8ef8-54afcd0bc11d
  9. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App: When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-sender-shown-in-mail-app/a27f3c43-0875-4747-8465-1c4d983b2332
  10. Mail app does not show prior days or older emails- they were downloaded-app says use...

Mail app does not show prior days or older emails- they were downloaded-app says use...: desktop Win 10 mail app says use search to see emails older than today! Stop the nonsense- I need to see all my emails and scroll down- it is not a syncing issue- it is visibility with no options to list and scroll prior emails!...