Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've got two PCs both running Win 10 2004 19041.508 I've successfully set up my business IMAP email account on the Win 10 Mail app one of my PCs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nooboy_58, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Nooboy_58 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue

Hi, I've got two PCs both running Win 10 2004 19041.508

I've successfully set up my business IMAP email account on the Win 10 Mail app one of my PCs, but I can't get the account to work on the other PC Dell Laptop running exactly same Win 10 version and Mail app I've used identical settings, username, port numbers etc. I get an error saying ' you might need to update your password or give your account permission to sync this device'

Can anyone please help with this?

Thank you

:)

Nooboy_58, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue :(

Zakin, Sep 18, 2020
  3. WIndows 10 Mail application not working properly and sync issues.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in mail app settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "but cant switch that account in the app (the original account is listed as an outlook account", what exactly are you referring to?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sync settings related issues in Mail app and check if it helps.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

Please get back to us with an update on issue with syncing emails on Mail app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue

Issues with account on mail app

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to make outlook account as primary account and check. Please follow the steps below:

• Type mail app in the search box.
    • Click on settings in the bottom left corner.
    • Click on options.
    • Left click on that outlook account and this account will become
      primary account.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue

1. Windows 10 Mail app_IMAP account issue - Similar Threads - Mail app_IMAP account

2. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  3. Gmail Account Issues in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account Issues in Mail App: Keep getting 'Attention required' for my gmail pop account.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-issues-in-mail-app/c6ddf5ea-d0c2-45cd-a8c7-957d19956c24
  4. Windows 10 mail issue

Windows 10 mail issue: Hello,I have an issue with changing or removing email accounts in Windows mail not outlook. Here is what happens1. I open Windows 10 mail 2. Select the gear to access Settings3. Select Manage Accounts 4. When I select an account to change or remove, a popup box appears then...
  5. Windows 10 mail issues

Windows 10 mail issues: the Microsoft mail app on my computer has been sending emails from my Gmail account using an outlook address, eve though i dont have an outlook address. can anyone help me?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Issue: Hi guys need a little help, i use windows mail that comes with windows 10 for my hotmail account and i am noticing some of my normal mail is going into junk which i dont want, can anyone help me on how to change this so the mail goes to my inbox please 163284
  7. Windows 10 Mail Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail Issue: Having an issue receiving multiple attachments in an email coming in from an outside mail provider. Message shows both attachments on their mail server but only one comes through into the windows mail program. Any thoughts?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Mail issue: My wife and I share the same computer and when I'm signed into Windows 10 and open 'mail' my wifes emails are shown, when my wife's signed in and opens 'mail' my emails show. Can this be corrected?...
  9. Windows 10 mail issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mail issues: Overnight, the mail program on our HP stopped functioning, and the program ceases within 3-4 seconds of when I access my mail account. It shuts down as soon as it opens. I am curious if anyone else experiencing this issue. I run windows 10. Did Microsoft send an updated that...
  10. Windows 10 mail issues

Windows 10 mail issues: Hi All. I have 2 linked accounts on Windows 10 mail. both work fine, even though I get the usual "Account settings out of date" error messages. That's not the issue. If I open a message, on my pad, or phone, fine. Then I get home, and the email I read does not appear...