Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail application tells me that my account is already added

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail application tells me that my account is already added in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open the mail app it asks me to add an account, I click add and I enter all my details then I get a message telling me that the account is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ninja99, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ninja99 Win User

Windows 10 Mail application tells me that my account is already added

When I open the mail app it asks me to add an account, I click add and I enter all my details then I get a message telling me that the account is already added and it takes me back to the add account screen and I can't access my mail. Maybe I am missing something and I am supposed to access my mail somewhere else but I can't figure it out, can you help please?

Basically I have tried

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –onlinesfc /scannow
    Run [ WSreset ]
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I cannot remove the mail app and it is not listed anywhere.

:)

ninja99, Jul 7, 2015

2. cant open mail after reseting win 10 mail

I reset windows 10 mail added 3 email accounts. windows tells me they were added ok, but every time I open mail it goes to the "accounts you've added" page with add account the only option, not into the app like it used to. I seem to be stuck on the accounts
    you've added page with no way to get to mail itself.

any ideas

rgds

Geoff

GeoffsPlace, Jul 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mail tile

When I click the Mail tile in Windows 10 it brings up a blue screen that says Accounts "First things first. Let's add your accounts."

I've gone through the steps and added two separate account. Still each time I click the tile it takes me to this "First things first" screen instead of letting me see my mail. If I try to set up one of the two accounts again, it tells me that account is
    already set up, but it won't let me see the account because I cannot go past that "First things first" screen.

Luckily, I can still access my mail through the older Windows Live 2011 program, but I should be able to use this new Mail app.

Tom In Cypress, Jul 7, 2015
  4. ninja99 Win User

I fixed it myself, I had a corrupt file, I deleted all the files not folders in "AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps" and next time I clicked on the mail app it opened the store(beta) i dont have the old one anymore for some reason, redownloaded mail and now it works perfect.

Expect it wont sync my mail accounts so I cant see my email now .....*Sad

ninja99, Jul 7, 2015
  5. oseph Win User
    I too am experiencing this on build 10162. It prompts me to add my account, and once I do so, it says your account already exists, leaving me with no option to do anything.

oseph, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Jack07 Win User
    I have the same problem 10166, reinstalled the mail app and still didn't worked.

Jack07, Jul 14, 2015
  7. oseph Win User
    Just updated to the latest build 10240 and this issue still remains.

Can someone please help me.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

oseph, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail application tells me that my account is already added - Similar Threads - Mail application tells

2. People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...: I realisethat having a file with a few email addresses is harder than quantum mechanics or discovering the Higgs Boson, but how do I get the People app to get my contacts? I can't add them from the windows Mail app.I can't add email accounts to the People app.I have reset...
  3. People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...: I realisethat having a file with a few email addresses is harder than quantum mechanics or discovering the Higgs Boson, but how do I get the People app to get my contacts? I can't add them from the windows Mail app.I can't add email accounts to the People app.I have reset...
  4. Microsoft Mail application isn't adding my google account. Please help.

Microsoft Mail application isn't adding my google account. Please help.: I've tried this multiple time using the standard method, by clicking on "Add account". I get directed to the screen showing which account I want to add Outlook, Yahoo, Google, Hotmail etcetera. I click on Google account and fill in my Gmail credentials. After everything is...
  5. Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account: I would like to add my contact list from Outlook to my Windows 10 Mail account, Can this be done? I have also tried to add an email address from a sent email but I cannot find the "save" icon on my mail page. Many thanks....
  6. adding a google account to my mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding a google account to my mail: I want to add a new google account to my email settings. It wont let me citing error 0x8007042b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-google-account-to-my-mail/3cb988c4-38cc-4661-b345-fc8a6793c8be
  7. Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am: Every time I go to open an application, a window opens saying "Sign in so you don't miss out, you need to sign back into your Microsoft account do you can send your parent requests when you want more screen time or need permission for certain apps and sights." My Microsoft...
  8. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  9. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  10. Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Adding new accounts to Windows Mail: I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the email address and password and get the message : 'We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail already added account

2. windows 10 mail application tells me that my account is already added

3. windows 10 mail add acount already added

4. people app in wndows 10 says bt account already exists but is not shown