Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail as default for sending office documents

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail as default for sending office documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was just researching how to make Windows 10 Mail the program to use when sending from within Office applications. I stopped researching after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sdm10012, Sep 9, 2018.

1. sdm10012 Win User

Windows 10 Mail as default for sending office documents

I was just researching how to make Windows 10 Mail the program to use when sending from within Office applications.

I stopped researching after getting an official sounding message from an authority saying .. you can only use "email-clients" as programs for sending attachments from within office programs.

Is that the case ?

Why isn't windows 10 mail considered an email client ?

thx
    Steve

:)

sdm10012, Sep 9, 2018

2. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook.

Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead?

I have tried setting the default app as mail in the Default Settings but it keeps trying to send from outlook.

RamboMcMutNutts, Sep 9, 2018
  3. default associations windows 10 office 2013 student edition

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist only while using Microsoft Office app such as Word,Excel etc?
    I suggest you to set Mail app or Microsoft Outlook as default mail app and check If it works. To do so, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Open Default Programs by clicking the
      Start button, and then typing
      Default Programs
      and hit enter.
    • Click Set your default programs.
    • Under Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click
      Set this program as default.
    • Click OK and check if you are able to send the email.
    Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail as default for sending office documents - Similar Threads - Mail default sending

2. Windows 10 Mail "send error"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail "send error": Since yesterday I receive the message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder.This problem is only with Mail send; I can send emails from my email client and also receive emails in MailI have searched the Internet for solutions and have...
  3. Windows mail not sending

Windows mail not sending: Emails are appearing in my sent folder with "none" and "no subject" in the recipient and subject fields. This is happening only with my Yahoo email address. My msn account is sending normally. I've deleted and reinstalled the account but this has not solved the problem. I...
  4. Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail

Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail: I can send mail but it won't arrive at the recipient and I can also receive mail. I checked theSent Mail tab and the mail I just sent wasn't there. I've reset the app and the problem still continues. I sent a mail from Gmail and it worked but not on windows 10. Is there a...
  5. My Default Mail will not send emails.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Default Mail will not send emails.: When I prepare an email in my default MAIL, then click SEND, a message states there was an error in sending your message NOT SENT. How is this corrected....
  6. Default mail app can no longer send emails

Default mail app can no longer send emails: I've been using the default mail app for a few years now, with it linked to my icloud email to send and receive through that. This has always worked fine, until today; now I am unable to send emails through the Mail app. I get this message: "Send error: We weren't able to...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Not Sending...

Windows 10 Mail Not Sending...: I'm not sure if this issue is because I've messed something up with my computer/gmail/outlook/mail but I cannot get email to send via any application installed on my computer. I started with Windows 10 Mail... worked great for a while but then every time I sent an email...
  8. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  9. Windows 10, Office Outlook & Outlook.com - Unable to send e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10, Office Outlook & Outlook.com - Unable to send e-mails: Hi, Another day with Windows 10 and another new problem lol. Using Outlook 2013 or 2016 in Windows 10 I have found it is not possible to send e-mails from an Outlook.com account. I have tried using ActiveSync and SMTP which do authenticate and show all e-mails (inc....
  10. Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Send to Mail Recipient - Windows 10 - MS Office 2016 Pro Plus: Since the latest update in Windows 10 Version 1709 everyone of my computers was having the same problem. I would right click on word docs, excel docs, pdfs, jpgs and nothing would happen with the exception of jpg files. It would ask me what size I would like to send the file...