Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Broken

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Broken in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Long time lurker, just became a member. Did a fresh install last weekend and am struggling to figure out why I can't get the windows email to work... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by msny, Feb 27, 2016.

1. msny Win User

Windows 10 Mail Broken

Long time lurker, just became a member.

Did a fresh install last weekend and am struggling to figure out why
    I can't get the windows email to work with my ISP.

After I add my proper credentials, it never syncs and I get a message at the top
    saying that "Account XXXX is out of date" with a fix button option.
    But fixing only asks for my password again, which prompts the top message again.
    I have tried removing and reentering my credentials several times, same problem.

I google searched, removed the email app with PowerShell and reinstalled it, same problem.
    None of the solutions I found helped. I have all the Windows 10 updates installed.

So to see if my issue was just this app or email in general, I installed a few other email
    clients, and they all worked perfectly out of the box.
    I settled on one called Postbox.

But, I'm still curious as to why I'm having this problem and how to resolve it.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Thanks!

:)

2. DougBraun Win User
    DougBraun, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 is not ready for release so do not upgrade!

There are a couple of other things that I think are very broken.

Firstly the Mail app in Windows 10 really does look good but it is missing some of the best features that the Mail app in Windows 8.1.1 had - creating folders and maintenance of folders.

The other thing that is really broken is OneDrive. "place holders" in OneDrive Windows 8.1.1 really worked well but OneDrive Windows 10 in retrograde and useless.

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim42, Feb 27, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Windows 10 Mail Broken

Are you signin using Microsoft Account or a local account?

What kind of Email account you are using, POP, IMAP, Exchange, etc?

snoopy51, Feb 27, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    The MS account worked with MS.
    I then switched to local account, my account is IMAP. I used advanced settings.

6. snoopy51 Win User
    We encountered this problem several weeks ago.

Windows 10 Mail Broken [​IMG]

We did a few fixes.

1. We bring his Windows up to date to Windows version 1151 build10.586.104 by simply running the Windows Update.
    2. He was using a Microsoft Account and switched to a local account.
    2. While testing, we found he got a timeout error with Internet Time Server, time.windows.com, which is the default Internet Time server. So we switched to time.nist.gov and click on the Update Now button.

Windows 10 Mail Broken [​IMG]

We rebooted several times and appeared working OK. I have not heard from him since. Maybe no news is good news!

snoopy51, Feb 28, 2016
  7. msny Win User
    Yes that worked!

My synchronize was also unchecked.
    Thank you very much!

8. snoopy51 Win User

Windows 10 Mail Broken

msny:

Glad that works for you! Please don't hesitate to ask question!

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Broken

1. Windows 10 Mail Broken - Similar Threads - Mail Broken

2. associate a mail program

in Windows 10 Customization
    associate a mail program: Hello Trying to e-mail a photo on my desktop. I get an error message: This action cannot be performed. Associate a mail program with this type of file... How can I do that? If someone answers, where can I find the answer? My e-mail address is : *** Email address is...
  3. Can’t Delete Broken Mail Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t Delete Broken Mail Account: Hello, so when I open my mail app from Windows, there are three accounts. They are formatted with my display name in quotation marks, and the emails in < >. None of these accounts recieve mail or can send mail. When I create new ones using the same emails, those accounts...
  4. Latest update to the Mail and Calendar app is completely broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update to the Mail and Calendar app is completely broken?: My Calendar isn't displaying correctly. See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mpxaS62.png Additionally my gmail account has completely de-synced and now won't sync correctly. I can't even remove the account because the "Manage accounts" options show no accounts. Edit: Had...
  5. FIX windows 10 Mail APP it broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    FIX windows 10 Mail APP it broken: Can someone at Microsoft fix the mail app PLEASE !!! Wont send from outbox repeatedly, my customers are angry for not getting their emails Works for a while and keeps dropping all my email accounts Yes I have tried everything nothing works except …. Delete the account...
  6. iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud Address Broken in Windows 10 Mail App: My iCloud email that I have set up to work in the Windows 10 mail app is one, not receiving emails, and two, is always telling me "Your iCloud account settings and out of date." When I look at its inbox it says that it is retrieving my emails but it never does. This is...
  7. April 2018 update seems to have broken the mail app

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    April 2018 update seems to have broken the mail app: The April 2018 update installed today on its own. I launched my mail app and it did not function. Apparently I needed to give permission for mail to access my email (not sure why that would have changed since it worked before). The main problem is that my several email...
  8. Windows mail app broken, cannot add accounts anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail app broken, cannot add accounts anymore: Hi all, After the April Update last Monday (overall went smoothly) my Windows mail app is no longer working. Accounts have disappeared, they can be re-added (i.e. Gmail but also other mail accounts) but folders of those accounts do not show up in the menu. Also creating new...
  9. Windows 10 send to mail link broken

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 send to mail link broken: My sendto has been broken. I had just Bluetooth showing but the folder at C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo had all the right parts in it. I found removing the Bluetooth worked, but though I have recreated both the folder and the Mail recipient item a...
  10. Mail app broken in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app broken in 10074: First old messages disappeared. Now the mail account disappeared. Nothing in settings under account lets me try and add an account. I can use the web version of live.com so I still get mail, but can anyone tell me how to fix this? Neal Van Eck 5883