Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Broken

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Broken in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Long time lurker, just became a member. Did a fresh install last weekend and am struggling to figure out why I can't get the windows email to work... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by msny, Feb 27, 2016.

1. msny Win User

Windows 10 Mail Broken

Long time lurker, just became a member.

Did a fresh install last weekend and am struggling to figure out why
    I can't get the windows email to work with my ISP.

After I add my proper credentials, it never syncs and I get a message at the top
    saying that "Account XXXX is out of date" with a fix button option.
    But fixing only asks for my password again, which prompts the top message again.
    I have tried removing and reentering my credentials several times, same problem.

I google searched, removed the email app with PowerShell and reinstalled it, same problem.
    None of the solutions I found helped. I have all the Windows 10 updates installed.

So to see if my issue was just this app or email in general, I installed a few other email
    clients, and they all worked perfectly out of the box.
    I settled on one called Postbox.

But, I'm still curious as to why I'm having this problem and how to resolve it.
    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Thanks!

:)

2. DougBraun Win User
    DougBraun, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 is not ready for release so do not upgrade!

There are a couple of other things that I think are very broken.

Firstly the Mail app in Windows 10 really does look good but it is missing some of the best features that the Mail app in Windows 8.1.1 had - creating folders and maintenance of folders.

The other thing that is really broken is OneDrive. "place holders" in OneDrive Windows 8.1.1 really worked well but OneDrive Windows 10 in retrograde and useless.

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim42, Feb 27, 2016
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Windows 10 Mail Broken

Are you signin using Microsoft Account or a local account?

What kind of Email account you are using, POP, IMAP, Exchange, etc?

snoopy51, Feb 27, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    The MS account worked with MS.
    I then switched to local account, my account is IMAP. I used advanced settings.

6. snoopy51 Win User
    We encountered this problem several weeks ago.

Windows 10 Mail Broken [​IMG]

We did a few fixes.

1. We bring his Windows up to date to Windows version 1151 build10.586.104 by simply running the Windows Update.
    2. He was using a Microsoft Account and switched to a local account.
    2. While testing, we found he got a timeout error with Internet Time Server, time.windows.com, which is the default Internet Time server. So we switched to time.nist.gov and click on the Update Now button.

Windows 10 Mail Broken [​IMG]

We rebooted several times and appeared working OK. I have not heard from him since. Maybe no news is good news!

snoopy51, Feb 28, 2016
  7. msny Win User
    Yes that worked!

My synchronize was also unchecked.
    Thank you very much!

8. snoopy51 Win User

Windows 10 Mail Broken

msny:

Glad that works for you! Please don't hesitate to ask question!

snoopy51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Broken

1. Windows 10 Mail Broken - Similar Threads - Mail Broken

2. Mail Manage button broken....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail Manage button broken....: Mail not working, and when I go into Settings, Accounts, and select my email account, the Manage button appears. Clicking on it the pop up window shows for a split second, but does not open. I've made no changes to the PC or done any updates recently. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Mail Manage button broken....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Manage button broken....: Mail not working, and when I go into Settings, Accounts, and select my email account, the Manage button appears. Clicking on it the pop up window shows for a split second, but does not open. I've made no changes to the PC or done any updates recently. Any help is appreciated....
  4. why are my emails from yahoo in mail and calendar coming thru in broken text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are my emails from yahoo in mail and calendar coming thru in broken text: why are my emails from yahoo in mail and calendar coming thru in broken text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-emails-from-yahoo-in-mail-and-calendar/55dbe379-5ffb-4778-81f3-f58802c03c32
  5. why are my emails from yahoo in mail and calendar coming thru in broken text

why are my emails from yahoo in mail and calendar coming thru in broken text: why are my emails from yahoo in mail and calendar coming thru in broken text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-emails-from-yahoo-in-mail-and-calendar/55dbe379-5ffb-4778-81f3-f58802c03c32
  6. mail app broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app broken: i added my microsoft account already but now i am stuck here.when i try to add one of my gmail accounts it just creates this message and returns to the original problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-broken/12e68e5a-d3bc-41dc-b5af-75d20b7953d5
  7. mail app broken

mail app broken: i added my microsoft account already but now i am stuck here.when i try to add one of my gmail accounts it just creates this message and returns to the original problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-broken/12e68e5a-d3bc-41dc-b5af-75d20b7953d5
  8. Windows mail completely broken

Windows mail completely broken: I have a Dell XPS laptop which is less than 6 months old. I've been using the default mail app to check my outlook, gmail, and school-specific email address. These had all been all been working perfectly until one day I randomly stopped being able to view the emails within my...
  9. Mail/Callendar app sync with Gmail broken!

Mail/Callendar app sync with Gmail broken!: Hi! No Gmail emails appear in Mail app. It is really strange. It worked fine until 14 April 2020. After that date stopped syncing, than started working again 28.08.2020 than stopped 4 October 2020 and does not work till today. I know the dates, 'cause I see last received...
  10. Broken Windows Mail accounts are unremovable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Windows Mail accounts are unremovable: Hi, First off, please do not post generic instructions on how to delete accounts in Windows Mail. I'm an advanced user, and I have already tried all conventional methods. The issue: I'm using Windows Mail not MS Office Outlook. Two bugged Microsoft accounts appear on...