Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All I'm trying to add my Google account to Win 10 Calendar, as I wan't to use my Google calender. Whenever I go to add an account, I get the "Add an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by billlagr, Sep 15, 2018.

1. billlagr Win User

Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo

Hi All
    I'm trying to add my Google account to Win 10 Calendar, as I wan't to use my Google calender. Whenever I go to add an account, I get the "Add an Account" popup with Exchange, Google, Yahoo, iCloud etc. If I select Google, I get the "creating account" popup (see pic), then it just drops back to the Add an Account menu. It doesn't ask me to enter any account details. Same thing happens if I select Yahoo!, and both in Calendar and Mail. Also, if I try to add a Google account to Cortana (Notebook > Manage Skills > Connected Services > Gmail) if I click 'Connect', same thing - nothing happens.
    I've tried the usual, reset the apps, reinstall etc but it doesn't solve the problem.
    Any help appreciated!

Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo [​IMG]

:)

billlagr, Sep 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Calendar won't display Yahoo Calendar events, but Yahoo e-mail works fine.

Hi Angela,

I deleted my Yahoo e-mail account, restarted Windows 10, add Yahoo e-mail account.

My Yahoo e-mail is working fine,

My Yahoo Calendar does not appear as a "Calendar" in the Windows 10 Calendar app, nor are any Yahoo Calendar events appearing in the Windows 10 Calendar app.

Any other ideas?

John Hawk

jhawk95337, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Calendar won't display Yahoo Calendar events, but Yahoo e-mail works fine.

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you delete your account in Mail app and then add it back. To delete your account, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Settings in Cortana, the search box on the task bar.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click on your account under Email, calendar, and contacts section.
    • Select Manage.
    • Click Delete Account.

To add your account, you have to go to Accounts area again in Settings. Click
    Add an account
    under Email, calendar, and contacts section, then select Yahoo! Mail from the options and start adding it.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo

Syncing Google Calendars with Calendar App

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provide, I understand that you are unable to sync Outlook calendar and Google calendar.

I would suggest you to use Outlook.com as the first step and then try to import the Google calendar ics file.

Please follow below.

Export Google Calendar

• Logon to your Google Account.
    • Click the gear button.
    • Follow the path Settings> Calendars> Export calendars.
    • It downloads as a zip, hence you have to extract the .ics file.
    Import Google calendar to Outlook.

• Login to Outlook.com.
    • Click on Import in the context menu.
    • Select the Google Calendar .ics file to import it.
    All your Outlook events and appointments are now either in Google Calendar, whichever one you chose to import to .

You can also refer to the below link for additional information on Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 Help

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Refer to the section Resolve Sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo

1. Windows 10 Mail, Calendar and Cortana - won't add Google or Yahoo - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Cortana

2. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  3. Add yahoo mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add yahoo mail address: Is there a way to add a yahoo sbcglobal.net to a windows 8mail app? I’m trying to add it as other, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-yahoo-mail-address/ba38e61b-b88e-40f4-95a3-2f332aca8551
  4. How can I add Yahoo calendar to windows 10 calendar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add Yahoo calendar to windows 10 calendar?: I added yahoo mail to windows 10 mail with pop/imap option because the Yahoo option gave me an error:0x8019019aNow I can't add my yahoo calendar to the windows calendar app, because it says there's already an account which uses my yahoo email address. ****?!HOW CAN I FIX...
  5. Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add yahoo mail to Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I've successfully added my Yahoo.ca account to Windows 10 mail in the past. For some reason it was disconnected. I tried adding it again using the account password and the app password created through Yahoo. Both don't work. I have two-step verification set up in...
  6. Cortana link to Google calendar

Cortana link to Google calendar: When will this be enabled? Cortana is useless without it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-link-to-google-calendar/03565ae0-9e42-4704-895f-27b389f024f3
  7. Error when trying to add Yahoo mail to Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when trying to add Yahoo mail to Windows 10 mail: Hi, I am repeatedly getting an error when trying to add Yahoo account to Windows 10 mail app. At this, I still getting email from Yahoo about "New sign-in". So, I downloaded good old Windows Live and added Yahoo to it without problems. So far, the issue is only with mail app...
  8. Cortana and Google calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana and Google calendar: just started using Cortana yesterday and have a question. Once I speak a command to Cortana and confirm that my reminder is correct, do I need to shut down my computer and then reopen it for the remi der to show up on my Google calendar? Or do I just need to give it time to...
  9. Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana

Cannot add Google or Yahoo account to Win 10 Mail, Calendar, or Cortana: Hi all.. In Windows Mail, Calendar, or when trying to add a calendar to Cortana, selecting Google as the account type brings up a windows that says 'Creating Account', the little busy thing spins across (see image) and then it drops back to the select account type box...
  10. Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App

Unable to add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App: I am trying to add my Google calendar to Windows calendar. I tried to add the account, but I get error code: 0x8000000b. I wondered if something weird was cached, so I reset the app through settings and tried again. That time when I opened calendar, I had no other accounts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana wont link to google

2. cant delete from yahoo calendar error 1111

3. windows mail kalender cortana

4. cortana unable to see google calendar,
  5. cortana wont connect to google calendar,
  6. windows 10 calender sync with Cortana