Windows 10: windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder...

Discus and support windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I have an event sent by someone, this issue does not happen but if I save an event, when clicking the notification, it will make me edit the event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by E_M_A, Oct 15, 2021.

1. E_M_A Win User

windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder...

If I have an event sent by someone, this issue does not happen but if I save an event, when clicking the notification, it will make me edit the event rather than seeing the event and clicking whatever event such as zoom. How can this get fixed?

:)

E_M_A, Oct 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 Calendar App defaulting reminder settings

Hi Geoff,

We understand that you're having an issue with your Calendar App.

In line with this, you should be able to save your event to "None" under the
    Reminder setting.

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Are your drivers up-to-date? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • When did the issue start? Have you successfully saved an event with a "None"
      Reminder setting before?
    • Have you made any recent changes before the issue start?

In the meantime, you can run the Windows Apps troubleshooter to
    repair your Calendar app and other Windows apps.

You can also consider signing out from the Calendar App, then sign in again to observe if the issue persists.

If the issue is still present, you can reset the Mail and Calendar app by following these steps:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    • Click System, then Apps & features.
    • Locate and click Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Let us know the result after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 15, 2021
  3. Cortana Reminders in Calendar (Mail) Windows 10

Hello,

Thanks you for your response. I followed the steps you've indicates in your reply but, unfortunately, there is no specific "Calendar" item and hence no associated button to toggle on to off.

The Calendar App that I am using is also invoked from the Mail App in Windows 10 Home Version.

The problem is when I set a reminder using Cortana, it sets the event in the Calendar. But, there is no delete button to remove the reminder in the Calendar App. And, if the reminder is a series, you will see it indefinitely because you cannot remove it
    from Calendar.

This happens only when I use Cortana to set reminders. If I would on know about this defect, I would never use Cortana to set reminders.

In Calendar, I can see all events from all the accounts I have set, including Cortana. If I select Cortana, I see events I can't remove. If I deselect Cortana, I don't see them any more.

Thanks again for your help.

BrunoCiano, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder...

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder... - Similar Threads - mail calendar app

2. How do I get to Apps & Features so i can change my app recommendation settings on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get to Apps & Features so i can change my app recommendation settings on Windows 11?: Hi! Seems like it would be a pretty simple answer, but i have tried every way out there to get to apps and features so i can get apps not from the Microsoft Store on my new laptop, but it seems that my windows 11 just... doesnt have the settings.It is stopping me from being...
  3. windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail/calendar app, how can I change settings so that when I get the reminder...: If I have an event sent by someone, this issue does not happen but if I save an event, when clicking the notification, it will make me edit the event rather than seeing the event and clicking whatever event such as zoom. How can this get fixed?...
  4. How to turn off or change Windows 10 Calendar Reminders

How to turn off or change Windows 10 Calendar Reminders: I'm using Windows 10 Calendar app to show my G-Suite calendar. When I create a new calendar event it defaults to a 15 minute reminder. I'd like it to default to no reminder. Is it possible to do that? I am not using Outlook, thought I do have Office 365 account....
  5. Reminder issue in mail and calendar app in windows 10

Reminder issue in mail and calendar app in windows 10: Is it possible to set multiple reminders for an event or an appointment? I want to get reminded of every event in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reminder-issue-in-mail-and-calendar-app-in-windows/3fc31625-6a40-4cf9-a7e5-9e8ee62e3d46
  6. Calendar/Reminder app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar/Reminder app: Hi, I`m looking for calendar/reminder/to-do app for my dad, that meets these requirements: - multiple notifications for 1 event, 21 days before, 14, 7, 3 etc. - notifications appear on desktop, after start of system - view for next week/month events - as simple as possible I...
  7. how to get windows 10 calendar reminders to pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get windows 10 calendar reminders to pop up: how to get windows 10 calendar reminders to pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-10-calendar-reminders-to-pop-up/fcecd271-09b9-4eb2-86d4-816f2eb656ed
  8. Can I set my calendar reminder to 2 hours?

Can I set my calendar reminder to 2 hours?: Calendar reminders can be set to 0 minutes, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 12 hours, 1 day, 1 week. I want to set 2 hours or more. What should I do?...
  9. Setting Reminder time in Calendar App

Setting Reminder time in Calendar App: I've got the Calendar app up and running under Windows 10 1803. How do I set up a reminder and how many days it appear ahead of an event. Thank you 113957
  10. Set email reminder in Calendar app

in Browsers and Email
    Set email reminder in Calendar app: I cannot find any way to set an email reminder for an event in Windows 10 Calendar app. Using Calendar at Outlook.com this is an option. Is this by design or am I missing something? 72090