Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this is possible in Outlook but in Windows 10 Mail, when creating an event I'm not seeing the ability to set the time zone for that specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jennifer McKinney13, May 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

I know this is possible in Outlook but in Windows 10 Mail, when creating an event I'm not seeing the ability to set the time zone for that specific calendar event. Is it possible?

:)

Jennifer McKinney13, May 13, 2020
  2. B. Parker Win User

Calendar Events Appear with the Wrong Time Zone

When my wife adds an event to her Shared Calendar from her 950XL, the events show up on our Office 2016 Calendars with the incorrect time and from Monrovia, Reykjavik.

If she enters an event into the same Shared Calendar from her computer, in Office 2016, then the time zone and time is correct.

I've confirmed that her Windows Phone, both our computers and both of our Microsoft Accounts all report that they're located in the correct time zone.

So, I'm not sure why the events keep coming up in the Reykjavik time zone.

Suggestions?

B. Parker, May 13, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Calendar Events Appear with the Wrong Time Zone

Thanks Roy,

After turning off the Automatic Time Zone, the time of events showing up in the desktop calendars are now correct, but the events still state that they are for the Reykjavik time zone.

I followed your example and turned off the Automatic Time detection as well as the Automatic Time Zone detection, rebooted the phone and still - the event times are correct, but they're still locked in Reykjavik.

FYI, this phone has never been east of the UTC -4 (Atlantic Time).

B. Parker, May 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

Windows 10 Calendar shows one difference for events

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the events in the Windows Calendar show one hour difference.

Ideally, this issue happens due to Time Zone settings. We would suggest you to check the Time Zone set on your computer and match it with the Calendar account. To change the Time Zone on the computer, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Time & Language and click on
      Date & time on the left pane.
    3. Now, toggle the switch to off for
      Set time automatically.
    4. Set the Time zone, using the drop down menu. Also, check if the option for
      Daylight saving time is On.
    5. You can also check for Region and select the correct
      Region.

We would also suggest you to check the Region settings in your Microsoft account. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to
      https://account.microsoft.com
      and login with your Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Your info.
    3. Now, click on Edit country/region.
    4. Select the Country/region and
      Time Zone
    5. Click on Save.

However, if you are using a Google Calendar, you can refer the article
    Use Google Calendar in different time zones
    and set the time zone.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone

1. Windows 10 Mail/Calendar Event Time Zone - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar Event

2. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Because of an apparent HDD failure, I have had to re-setup my wife's computer on an SSD.After re-setting up Windows 10 Mail & Calendar I have found that her calendar has disappeared. However my calendar which is shared with my wife is there.Previously my wife had three email...
  3. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  4. Windows 10 Time Zone is controlled by Outlook Time Zone setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Time Zone is controlled by Outlook Time Zone setting: This is a problem and solution. I noticed my Windows 10 Time Zone was incorrect and any attempt to set the time zone manually through windows settings or in Registry would not hold. It kept reverting back to Eastern when I wanted Mountain. I decided to look at what the...
  5. Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events

Windows 10 Calendar App using wrong time zone to add new events: When I enter new events into my Google Calendar using the Windows 10 Calendar App on my laptop, the app uses the wrong time zone and the event shows up on my other devices as a hour off. I am in the Pacific Time Zone and the event shows up in my Google Calendar as on Mountain...
  6. Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?

Windows 10 built-in calendar using the wrong time zone?: I'm in the US pacific time zone, using windows 10 calendar and google calendar. Everything was working fine until daylight savings ended last week, now when I add an event to my windows calendar it looks correct locally but comes up as mountain time in google calendar, and...
  7. Time Zones

Time Zones: Hi, I recently realized that my computer clock was one hour behind, when I checked the time settings the time zone was central time which is not my time zone but when I changed it to eastern the settings automatically switch back to the central time zone. How can I fix this?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar: Hi there! I have a huge problem. My official Mail and calendar app doesn't sync gmail immediately, it only refreshes my emails from gmail whenever I open the app. What is the cause of this? I've read somewhere that for now, something has changed I guess in google APIs,...
  9. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: How do you do a back up of the above. Save entire program, Calendar,People list etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-calendar/81b3b49b-ad85-4ce4-ae62-fc598c1d790a
  10. How to export Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app to a different Calendar?

How to export Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app to a different Calendar?: Using Windows 10 and have some events that I want to move to a different calendar. Can I move them? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-calendar-events-from-mail-and/ffcb17eb-9ee1-488f-813f-1e248d70cd4d