Windows 10: Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails?

Discus and support Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a gmail account that I use with Windows 10 mail. I'd like to shut down that account, but still want access to those emails/folders. Do I lose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkRobinsonCalCap, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails?

I have a gmail account that I use with Windows 10 mail. I'd like to shut down that account, but still want access to those emails/folders. Do I lose everything if I cancel the gmail account? If so, how can I backup?

:)

MarkRobinsonCalCap, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Michael87 Win User

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails? [​IMG]

Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails? [​IMG]

Michael87, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Deleting emails in Windows Mail does not delete emails across all mail clients?

I have setup my gmail account in Windows 10's standard mail app.

I would like to make it so when I delete, read, or otherwise modify an email in the Windows 10 client, for that to show across all my other email reading devices.

For example: When I delete an email on my iPhone, it also is already deleted when I open the mail app on a mac.

Currently, reading an email or marking it as read does not sync. Deleting an email also does not sync.

I would like to be able to delete an email on Windows 10 Mail, and have it be deleted across all mail clients, or read and email or so on.

How do I enable this?

DCIndieDev, Feb 13, 2020
  4. webJockey Win User

Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails?

email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails?

1. Windows 10 mail - can I delete an email account but save the emails? - Similar Threads - mail delete email

2. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  3. Windows Mail deleted an email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail deleted an email: I click on the notification that I got an email. I see the email and click the link on the email. It opens Edge Browser and I come back like 2 minutes later and the email is gone. I can't find it at all, not in the trash, not in draft, not in outbox, not in anything. Phone...
  4. Will Deleting an email account in Windows 10 Mail affect windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Deleting an email account in Windows 10 Mail affect windows 10?: I have a windows 10 home computer and somehow, my Microsoft account was setup in Windows 10 mail. It is the same account for Windows 10. If I delete it from the Mail app, will that affect the computer itself? Thanks, Bill...
  5. windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders: Hi I have various personilize folders in my email accounts i.e. home folder and keep documents, receipts etc. But according to mail there is nothing there yet I can access them through my phone on bluemail, I have looked at preferences etc and can't find anything to alter, am...
  6. Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail: I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried right clicking on the contact but the “delete” option is greyed out. I tried selecting the contact but there is no delete option...
  7. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  8. Windows 10 mail deleting emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail deleting emails: I am receiving the same emails in the same accounts on 4 devices -- 2 cell phones, a Surface and an HP desktop. Often it appears that deleting emails from one device also deletes them on others. Can this be, and how do I prevent it?...
  9. Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.: Hello. I have had an email acc with virgin.net for some 30 plus years. About a year or so ago I was informed it was about to close and I would lose all my saved emails. I have tried to save some about a year ago but am hoping there is a simple one button press that will...
  10. Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete

in Browsers and Email
    Email account in Windows 10 that will not delete: Hello All I am totally new to this forum and to Windows 10. The set up of Windows 10 was fairly intuitive for me. I have some training and a lot of experience with previous versions. Here is the problem I have encountered. Using the MAIL app I set up a couple email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save contacts from emails windows 10 forum