Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated"

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Only email client is the built-in Windows Mail. Computer used to have Office 360 trial which I do not want to buy and if I would right click on a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bb_aes, Dec 20, 2020.

1. bb_aes Win User

Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated"

Only email client is the built-in Windows Mail. Computer used to have Office 360 trial which I do not want to buy and if I would right click on a file in File Explorer it would open Outlook which I never set up. I went to Default Apps and set Mail to the desktop Mail instead of Outlook but this still would not open Mail. I have Mail setup and use it for emails fine. To keep Office to keep trying to run a trial and trying to open Outlook instead of Mail, I uninstalled the trial.

My Windows 10 built-in mail still works fine by itself. But whenever I right click on a file in file explorer and select "Send to" "Mail Recipient" I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However, Default Apps says that Mail is the default. I have tried changing it to something else, then rebooting, but same error. I've tried setting to Microsoft defaults but same error.

I see this problem all over the forums since 2016, but I have seen no solutions other than to install another email client. I do NOT want another email client, as I use Mail. It certainly seems that Microsoft should know how to make their email client that comes with Windows 10 to be able to be associated with Windows 10.

I've seen hundreds of users with this problem but have not seen any help. I have run sfc and no errors. All Windows updates are installed. I even went into the registry to the HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail and deleted the old Outlook, but that did not help either, nor were any new settings put there when selecting Mail as the default.

Please help in letting us know how to associate Windows 10 mail in WIndows 10 since the Default Programs operation does not do it.

:)

bb_aes, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Yancyd66 Win User

There is no email program associated

How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel."
    There is no Default Programs in the control panel, only Default Apps.
    In default apps my email, Outlook.com, is not listed.

Yancyd66, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Mail notification error "There is no email program associated to preform the requested action. Please install an email program..."

*Original Title: Mail notification error

Since upgrading to the newest version Windows 10 I keep getting this error. Can you tell me how to fix it?

MAIL

There is no email program associated to preform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Daryl Smith, Dec 20, 2020
  4. jalea148 Win User

there is no email program associated to perform the requested action

I'm sure what you mean re User Accounts what is listed under Mail. There were no mail references. Same with Set defaults by app.
    Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated" [​IMG]

jalea148, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated" - Similar Threads - Mail cannot associated

2. Email not associated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email not associated: Hello This is the first time I have been here so I apologise in advance. When I try to send a file from my desktop via email it tells me that "there is no email associated with this account" and I would be so grateful if someone could help me rectify this. I have a new...
  3. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...
  4. "no email program associated" error message in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "no email program associated" error message in Explorer: When I try to send a file by email from the contextual menu in Explorer I get the error message "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action". However I already have Chrome selected as the email handler in Windows app settings. How do I fix this? I'm...
  5. Associate a Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Associate a Program: I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I would like to use. when I installed Windows 10, I no longer get the menu. Instead I get a Message stating - "This file...
  6. associate a mail program

in Windows 10 Customization
    associate a mail program: Hello Trying to e-mail a photo on my desktop. I get an error message: This action cannot be performed. Associate a mail program with this type of file... How can I do that? If someone answers, where can I find the answer? My e-mail address is : *** Email address is...
  7. There is no Email Associated

in Browsers and Email
    There is no Email Associated: How can solve this irritating error message? there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Jack 140584
  8. There is no Email Associated

in Windows 10 Support
    There is no Email Associated: How can solve this irritating error message? there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. Jack 140584
  9. Microsoft Mail Error: No Email Associated To Perform This Action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail Error: No Email Associated To Perform This Action: [ATTACH] Every time I turn on my computer or open any program this message pops up. My mail works fine and everything runs smoothly with my syncing etc., but, this message always happens and it bothers me. Can someone please help me?...
  10. There is no email program associated

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no email program associated: How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel." There is no Default Programs in the control...