Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail causing power issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail causing power issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new system straight out of the box but completely up to date, I have one major issue in the mail app stalls the system with the power usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasonBroomfield, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Mail causing power issues

I have a new system straight out of the box but completely up to date, I have one major issue in the mail app stalls the system with the power usage going through the roof and the cooling fan nearly taking off. Why would it do this on only this app?

:)

JasonBroomfield, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail causing power issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Mail causing power issues

power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail causing power issues

1. Windows 10 Mail causing power issues - Similar Threads - Mail causing power

2. Event 41, Kernel-Power - Causing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41, Kernel-Power - Causing Issues: After purchasing a new computer I've started experiencing system failures whilst under load i.e playing video games and similar. The system randomly crashes and reboots after the screen freezes for a second. Thanks in advance.<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  3. Event 41, Kernel-Power - Causing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 41, Kernel-Power - Causing Issues: After purchasing a new computer I've started experiencing system failures whilst under load i.e playing video games and similar. The system randomly crashes and reboots after the screen freezes for a second. Thanks in advance.<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  4. Event 41, Kernel-Power - Causing Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 mail issue

Windows 10 mail issue: Hello,I have an issue with changing or removing email accounts in Windows mail not outlook. Here is what happens1. I open Windows 10 mail 2. Select the gear to access Settings3. Select Manage Accounts 4. When I select an account to change or remove, a popup box appears then...
  6. Windows 10 mail issues

Windows 10 mail issues: the Microsoft mail app on my computer has been sending emails from my Gmail account using an outlook address, eve though i dont have an outlook address. can anyone help me?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail Issue: Having an issue receiving multiple attachments in an email coming in from an outside mail provider. Message shows both attachments on their mail server but only one comes through into the windows mail program. Any thoughts?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Mail issue: My wife and I share the same computer and when I'm signed into Windows 10 and open 'mail' my wifes emails are shown, when my wife's signed in and opens 'mail' my emails show. Can this be corrected?...
  9. Windows 10 mail issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mail issues: Overnight, the mail program on our HP stopped functioning, and the program ceases within 3-4 seconds of when I access my mail account. It shuts down as soon as it opens. I am curious if anyone else experiencing this issue. I run windows 10. Did Microsoft send an updated that...
  10. Windows 10 mail issues

Windows 10 mail issues: Hi All. I have 2 linked accounts on Windows 10 mail. both work fine, even though I get the usual "Account settings out of date" error messages. That's not the issue. If I open a message, on my pad, or phone, fine. Then I get home, and the email I read does not appear...