Windows 10: Windows 10 mail changes my password

Discus and support Windows 10 mail changes my password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoboSB, Apr 25, 2020.

1. LoboSB Win User

Windows 10 mail changes my password

It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity.

Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?

Is there an actual FIX for this known issue?

:)

LoboSB, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

change password in win10 mail app

Hi,

The steps on how to change your password depend on the service you are using.

To change the password of your Microsoft account which is associated with Office, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

article

You can also check to this
    link
    for information on how to update your password in Mail for Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 25, 2020
  3. windows mail keeps changing my password to a 16 digit password and my mail won't synch? Please help!

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the Windows Mail app change your password without your permission?
    • Did you get an error message?
    • When did the issue occur?
    We suggest you to change your password right now for security purposes.

Looking forward to your response.

Raymond Ave, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 mail changes my password

1. Windows 10 mail changes my password - Similar Threads - mail changes password

2. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  3. Windows 10 Mail app keeps changing my password to the wrong password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app keeps changing my password to the wrong password: This question has come up before with 100's of confirmations, but no real answers from Microsoft. These people including myself need a fix, pronto. The mail settings stores the wrong password and cannot access mail....
  4. Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app: I have a yahoo account I use in Windows 10. Yahoo insisted that I change the password but when I go into the mail app on a different computer to update with new password I don't get an option Go into Account and then Settings Manage Accounts but the only thing I can...
  5. Mail password change issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail password change issue: I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in...
  6. Auto password change in Mail

Auto password change in Mail: Hi I'm setting up a new desktop Win10, and I have 6 accounts running via Mail. 5 are a mix of Gmail and Outlook and they work fine, the 6th however is an IMAP account which no matter how many times I install/uninstall/reinstall the password is always changed to a 16-digit...
  7. Cant change my mail app password

Cant change my mail app password: Hi, I added an account to the mail app but i accidentally used the wrong password. I have tried everything to recover it and change it. I have reset the app, I have deleted the app and started again but the account remained, and I can not find the password in the web...
  8. Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password

Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password: Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password. So... how does one change their password in Windows 10 Mail using a Hotmail account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-how-to-change-my-hotmail-password/9f1b4b0b-679a-413f-94d7-01a73e470f73
  9. Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password

Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password: Using the win10 mail program, I have 3 different email accounts. One is a personal one through local provider, one is a google account and one is through EXCHANGE. I have been attempting to update the email password on the Exchange account. Going through Account settings,...
  10. Change password with no access to my primarey mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change password with no access to my primarey mail: Hello, Im logged into my skype account but I dont have access to my primary email the one that I use to enter my skype. I want to change my password but the password was lost thanks to dashlane service, what can I do, right now i just can access in windows and chrome to my...