Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My problem is that I have a contact with the wrong name. Lets say "Jane" and I have hundreds of emails from that address, but now I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by adamaii, Oct 9, 2018.

1. adamaii Win User

Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail

Hello everyone,

My problem is that I have a contact with the wrong name. Lets say "Jane" and I have hundreds of emails from that address, but now I want to change her name to be correct.
    If I go to people app, find the profile and change the name, the change is not reflected in mail
    If I go to people app, delete the contact, and make a new one, the old Jane contact still pops up in Autofill
    If I go to people app, associate the Jane contact with a new one, the old Jane contact still pops up in Autofill

I turned off Auto-add recent contacts in settings, I went to control panel and reset the mail app to default settings, and I tried editing the Jane contact to not have the email address in it, but nothing will let me create a new contact that is associated with an email (that has been emailing me for years) it just keeps remembering the deleted contact.

:)

adamaii, Oct 9, 2018

2. Live Mail - delete contacts

Windows Live Mail syncs with People contacts, but only if you are logged in on Windows Live Mail. Changes made while not logged in appear to never be synced. The 'People' contacts are stored on Microsoft servers, for use by the People app, people.live.com, and syncing with Windows Live Mail (when logged into it). Syncing seems to fail as often as not, so fully back up all contacts lists before culling.

bigbadsteve, Oct 9, 2018
  3. daevidd Win User
    Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Before someone suggests this as an answer, let me just say that I am aware that the Windows 10 Mail app supposedly gets its contacts from the Windows 10 People app. The People app on my computer has the precise contacts in it that it is supposed to. The problem with the Mail app is this: When I type the first letter of a contact's name, and the menu with a selection of contacts to choose from drops down, it includes contacts that I was able to delete from the People app. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

daevidd, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail - Similar Threads - Mail changing contact

2. People app in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app in Windows 10 Mail: People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The...
  3. Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app

Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app: I am trying to import my email contact list from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app. It says to import contacts to the People app but that doesn't seem to work. I have the file on a SD card in the .csv format...any ideas? Thanks...
  4. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  5. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail contacts: How do I delete/edit contacts stored in Windows 10 mail. They are different to those in my People https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contacts/7dd5ad8f-036d-4fb4-8a71-905d120ab48c"
  6. Windows 10 mail contacts

Windows 10 mail contacts: I am trying to change my list of contacts in Windows 10 mail to those from another computer. I made a csv file of the new ones and imported that in to Outlook .com. My People app and Contacts folder now contain the desired new ones. However in Widows 10 mail when trying to...
  7. Windows mail App is not working with People App

Windows mail App is not working with People App: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...
  8. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!: I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any...
  9. Mail Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Contacts: When I send an email to one particular contact, two different addresses show. That person is not in my Contacts list nor is it in my Gmail contact list. How do I eliminate the invalid address? 54135
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In: In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?. 36552