Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I open the dialogue to manage accounts and see my existing Hotmail account there. I want to add Gmail so I click the +. Nothing happens. I've tried it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bunter58, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Bunter58 Win User

Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work

I open the dialogue to manage accounts and see my existing Hotmail account there. I want to add Gmail so I click the +. Nothing happens. I've tried it several times, reregistered my apps, restarted Windows all to no avail.

Any ideas?

:)

Bunter58, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Eric Ber Win User

I want to opt out of "add a new mail account"

A default program for email opens when you click a mailto link on your browser. It tells the browser that it should compose an email in the visitor's default email program on their computer. You can use the mail app to login to your email
    account so you can contact the organization's website through email.

For more information about the Windows 10 Mail app, you can check this
    link

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Google sign-in from mail not working

I upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7. When I use the Microsoft mail app to sign in to my google account, it doesn't work. After clicking on add a new account, I clicked on 'Google'. The box turns white and after 2-3 seconds it returns back to the place
    where you select the type of account.

JohnSamarasinghe, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work

Hi Bunter58. Welcome to the TenForums @Bunter58

What version and build are you on?

Windows + R, type winver, enter

Do you know that you are full up to date for your version?

Caledon Ken, Oct 24, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    Just curious............

What if you do it the other way:
    Start button > Accounts > left side, Email and app accounts > right side, + Add an account

davidhk, Oct 24, 2017
  6. Bunter58 Win User
    There's seems to be a few ways of getting into that dialogue, including that one. I've tried all I can find and none works.

But thanks for the thought.

Bunter58, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Bunter58 Win User
    My Windows is Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19). I checked Windows Update and it is up-to-date.

Bunter58, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work

1. Windows 10 Mail, clicking the + to add a new account doesn't work - Similar Threads - Mail clicking add

2. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  3. Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't let me add mail accounts: Hi I recently bought a new Asus laptop with Ryzen 5000 series, everything is ok until I want to configure the Mail app, can't add any outlook email accounts, neither google accounts, it is really frustating because I love this app and Outlook doesn't fit to me. I used this...
  4. Add Google Account to Windows 10 Mail doesn't prompt, does nothing.

Add Google Account to Windows 10 Mail doesn't prompt, does nothing.: I am trying to add my personal google account to Windows 10 Mail so that I can sync both my mail and calendar. When I click "+ Add account" and choose "Google" I briefly seeing a spinning circle, but the screen refreshes back to the "Add an Account" screen. I have tried to...
  5. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10: 0x8007042b error whenever I try to add a Gmail or Yahoo! account. I've followed these directions to no avail. Uninstalling the program or resetting it in App Settings not only does not fix the problem, but it doesn't even delete my account data. Running out of ideas. Shame...
  6. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...
  7. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  8. Clicking on 'Add Account' in Windows 10 Mail app does nothing.

Clicking on 'Add Account' in Windows 10 Mail app does nothing.: When I click on accounts and then 'Add Account' from the menu on the right in the Windows 10 Mail app it doesn't do anything. You can visually see the click but nothing happens. When I open Settings in Windows 10 and click on 'Email & app accounts' and then choose 'Add an...
  9. Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Add New folder in Windows 10 Mail: Hello I'm usually use Mozilla thunderbird as Mail application Since I've two new machine installed with Windows 10 I'm trying to figure out if the native Mail application in Windows 10 can be a good alternative For now my feeling is mostly negative - I didn't find...
  10. Mail app cannot add new account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app cannot add new account: I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I add my Microsoft account email information L: tr*****@msn.com (asterisks inserted here to protect my identity) and type in my...