Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I ran into a problem where I would write an email from my Gmail account using the Windows 10 Mail client, press send and it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tempecarlson, May 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

A few weeks ago I ran into a problem where I would write an email from my Gmail account using the Windows 10 Mail client, press send and it would disappear. It was not sent (tested by sending to another personal account) and not stored in the Sent folder.

I solved it by resetting the app. This didn't bug me too much because I was starting with a new laptop.

It started exhibiting the same behavior two days ago. This time I didn't want to start over. Nosing around I noticed a couple of things. For one, if I started an email, then immediately went to the draft folder to continuing to edit the email, I could often successfully send an email. If I continued to edit from the main mail page, I could not.

I also noticed that when I went to my Gmail account online, there were often several drafts saved on conversation threads I'd tried to send, but no sent mail.

It seems like there is a conflict with the syncing of drafts with this Gmail account and the Windows Mail client. The Mail client appears to clobber the drafts making nothing available to actually send. I cannot attest as to whether this issue extends to other email accounts. I use this one a lot, the others only occasionally and have not noticed a problem.

As a test, I changed the sync settings for this Gmail account to once every 15 minutes instead of "as items arrive". Since then I've sent several email successfully, nothing has disappeared in the middle of writing an email, drafts have been saved successfully to the Drafts folder and sent mail appears correctly in the Sent folder.

I like the look and feel of this mail client much better than its big brother Outlook (this client is a rebranded Outlook Express from what I understand). It's clean and simple, where Outlook appears old and outdated to me. Outlook also does not interface with Gmail calendar as far as I can see. I depend on the calendar to keep my PC, Android phone and iPad all in sync.

I'd like to keep using it assuming that I can depend on the program's behavior.

Has anyone else seen this behavior in the Windows 10 Mail client? Is there a real, root cause diagnosis? Is there a better solution for this Mail client than what I've described here?

submitted by /u/tempecarlson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tempecarlson, May 16, 2020

2. Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

Was the extra Drafts folder added automatically?

You cannot delete the Draft folder as this is the default folder in the Mail Application.

You can delete the Drafts (start) folder by right-clicking on the folder as this has been added extra to the folders in the Mail application.

Before deleting the Drafts folder, please backup/move all your emails if you have in the Drafts folder.

You can refer Customize the folder list
    in Mail for Windows
    and How
    do I add or remove folders in Mail for Windows 10?
    for more information on these extra folders added in Mail Application.

If you are still unable to delete the folder, then I suggest you to
    Completely Delete The Email Account From Mail Application

and Setup The Account again.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 16, 2020
  3. Draft Folder Alignment in Mail app Windows 10.

Original Title: Draft Folder Alignment

I configured a mail file through Microsoft mail through IMAP and it created a new DRAFT folder so that my drafts don't sync to the IMAP draft folder used by the browser mail client and iPhone mail client. Is there a way to map the correct IMAP folder
    in Microsoft Mail or does the application not consider this a valid folder for IMAP sync.

BrianKroll, May 16, 2020
  4. willden Win User

Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?.

willden, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

1. Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts - Similar Threads - Mail Client Drafts

2. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  3. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  4. Vanished Draft in Mail App

Vanished Draft in Mail App: I was typing a draft in the Mail app on Win 10 when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't appear in the Trash folder, it wasn't sent, how might I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanished-draft-in-mail-app/d2fd68a2-fcdd-4aa0-8ef8-54afcd0bc11d
  5. lost draft content in mail/outlook, in windows 10

lost draft content in mail/outlook, in windows 10: My computer crashed. When I got it back up and running, I clicked on the mail/outlook icon in windows 10 and opened a draft, that I was working on. I found the content of the draft missing. I have the outlook app, on my phone and the content is missing there too. Is there a...
  6. Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App

Emails stuck in Drafts in Windows 10 Mail App: Emails get stuck from outbox to Drafts with this message: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large." Forward option is...
  7. Mail client on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail client on Windows 10: Hello, So I'm having issues with both clients, so maybe you guys know any solutions or other options that I could try out. Not real problems but maybe features they lack. Problems with Windows Mail: language issues (autocorrect and random chinese letters popping up whenever...
  8. Windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail client: When I try to ‘fill the entire window’, which is in the Background (Settings>Personalization) I come across a problem. When I turn it on, everything is OK, but if I close the app and then open the mail app again, the background is set back so it cannot "fill the entire...
  9. No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail

No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail: I sent feedback to MS about this 6 months ago. At that time, Mail had just received an update. After that update the Drafts folder was gone. If I start writing an email and click to somewhere else in the app, that email is gone. There is no way to get back to it. Since that...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Client: I've noticed after trying the Win 10 Email client to access my hotmail accounts, if somebody attaches a picture to one of the emails and I download that attachment, the resulting file is marked as "READ ONLY". Yet if I download the file while logged on to the outlook server,...