Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Client

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks for that, . Yes, same here, which is surprising and confusing me. *Confused When attempting to clear that box, then re-clicking it a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by storageman, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Kelli Win User

Windows 10 Mail Client

I think that Folder attribute and the File attribute may be a non changeable default setting somewhere within Mail. Also if the image is read only at a website it should download as read only.

Kelli, Jun 18, 2017
  2. Tony K Win User

In all my years I've never ran into the problem these gents are having. You may be right in that they're protected pic files. Who knows these days with all the copyright stuff going on.

I'm an Insider, so I try to use the Mail app as much as possible to test, but Office Outlook is my mainstay where there are more options as you say.

Tony K, Jun 18, 2017
  3. But the problem is if I download directly from the outlook logon website, and download, the file is not marked as Read Only, same thing for Thunderbird.

I don't use the pictures folder, I usually download it to my data drive to a specific folder that has been defined there.

storageman, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Mail Client

Hats off to Kelli - After changing the image preview to be OFF, I did a test and downloaded an image to my Downloads folder, it did not have the READ ONLY attribute ON. I then went back to one of the old emails that I had downloaded, and saved it to my Downloads folder and it did not have the READ ONLY attribute ON. I then downloaded the same email to the original target folder where the Original file was stored, I replaced the file and Checked the READ ONLY attribute and it also was off. SO it looks like that the Image preview seems to effect the status of the downloads.

I'm now marking this thread as Solved !

storageman, Jun 19, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    I'm glad you got it worked out, but my preview image is switched on and have no problems. Who know, eh? *Confused

Tony K, Jun 19, 2017
  6. Kelli Win User
    You're lucky we had thunderstorms and showers today otherwise I would have been surfing

I read something which made me think that image file downloaded as preview might be read only .

Another one of those great Microsoft mysteries.

Kelli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Client

1. Windows 10 Mail Client - Similar Threads - Mail Client

2. Where is the New Windows Outlook mail client sync button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the New Windows Outlook mail client sync button: I am a long time user of the native Windows Mail client that comes be default with Windows.Specifically with respect to MSFT discontinuing support for the Windows default mail client and shifting to the New Outlook Windows client, there is no sync mail option to check for new...
  3. Where is the New Windows Outlook mail client sync button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the New Windows Outlook mail client sync button: I am a long time user of the native Windows Mail client that comes be default with Windows.Specifically with respect to MSFT discontinuing support for the Windows default mail client and shifting to the New Outlook Windows client, there is no sync mail option to check for new...
  4. Windows 10 mail client sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail client sync: In the Windows 10 mail client now Outlook I have hooked up to my gmail account. If I delete a message in gmail, it still shows in the Outlook inbox. Is there some way I can sync the deletes?...
  5. Windows 10 mail client sync

Windows 10 mail client sync: In the Windows 10 mail client now Outlook I have hooked up to my gmail account. If I delete a message in gmail, it still shows in the Outlook inbox. Is there some way I can sync the deletes?...
  6. Windows 11 default mail client - Can not open biger PDF files recived from Xerox Scaner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 default mail client - Can not open biger PDF files recived from Xerox Scaner?: Dear,In windows default email client i recived every document normaly, but when i sent pdf from Xerox scaner it shows attachment exist but blank with no pdf icon and i cannot open it, neather to download it. It is interesting thet some scaned documents from xerox scaner i am...
  7. Windows 11 default mail client - Can not open biger PDF files recived from Xerox Scaner?

Windows 11 default mail client - Can not open biger PDF files recived from Xerox Scaner?: Dear,In windows default email client i recived every document normaly, but when i sent pdf from Xerox scaner it shows attachment exist but blank with no pdf icon and i cannot open it, neather to download it. It is interesting thet some scaned documents from xerox scaner i am...
  8. When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...: In an attempt to recover old emails in Windows Live Mail, files that were 'corrupted' during a Windows Update, I've discovered that Outlook can easily open the WLM .eml files, although WLM no longer can. It's as if the headers, or whatever, that make up the WLM list of Inbox...
  9. When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...

When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...: In an attempt to recover old emails in Windows Live Mail, files that were 'corrupted' during a Windows Update, I've discovered that Outlook can easily open the WLM .eml files, although WLM no longer can. It's as if the headers, or whatever, that make up the WLM list of Inbox...
  10. I have used the Euora mail client program through Windows 10 with no problems, K am told...

I have used the Euora mail client program through Windows 10 with no problems, K am told...: I am using Eudora as my mail client program in Windows versions through 10 with no problems. I hear that 11 will not support it. True? Suggestions?...