Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OK, I burned a few hours on this so I thought I would save some folks the trouble in case then found hit it too. This is a bug in Windows 10 Mail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by remaker, Feb 27, 2019.

1. remaker Win User

Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail

OK, I burned a few hours on this so I thought I would save some folks the trouble in case then found hit it too. This is a bug in Windows 10 Mail.

Changed my password on Yahoo (with ATT.net address). Windows 10 Mail, which helpfully uses OAUTH your Yahoo related accounts. The mail connection dutifully failed and offered a "FIX ACCOUNT" option, which I clicked.

I entered my username. Good.

I entered my password. Good.

Then the "Connecting to Server" windows just showed a Yahoo! banner. Nothing else.

I checked Yahoo logs which showed a successful login.

To make a long story short: The page only partially rendered. There was some suppressed or hidden text somewhere, and no scrollbars. I suspect some kind of "I agree" window was being presented. Maybe some kind of cross-site thing was happening or some unencrypted data on an encrypted page was suppressed

Nevertheless, what I did: I kept pressing TAB and ENTER a few times, and eventually I guess I hit the hidden "OK" button.

I got to the next screen where I clicked something else. about allowing the connection to continue and it FINALLY synced.

Took me hours to guess this. A pox on Yahoo, AT&T and Microsoft for this broken design.

:)

remaker, Feb 27, 2019
  2. lpatrick Win User

Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone

I would like to hear from someone who has actually, successfully moved their email service while keeping their same email address from ATT/Yahoo to some other email service.

Yes, I have read numerous how to articles but yet to have read a true life experience. Yahoo mail is sorta like Hotel California. You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave.

Thanks

lpatrick, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone

If the ATT account is like most standard accounts, and I know you can do this in Yahoo, forward your mail to your new account and set the vacation / auto responder to send a message back to the person who sent you the mail that your new email address is.....someone@domain.com.

Then as new e-mails arrive in old account they are forwarded to your new account. When you forward you usually can either keep a copy on the old server or not. I like to keep a copy so I can check in to see who isn't getting the message that the account has moved. This is normally banks, utilities and machine based email as your auto response isn't read. Then I can address these senders manually. .

The auto / vacation responder usually allows a couple of options, on every email or once a day. I form a message like..... thanks for the email, effective immediately my new address is.... Please update your address book.

The longer you can keep your old account the longer you have to ease the transition. Not sure you can import existing ATT mail into gmail but you can import Yahoo.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-d...yahoo-account/

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 27, 2019
  4. glennc Win User

Yahoo Mail and recent security issues

Howdy Caledon Ken,
    Thanks for the suggestions! I must say that I've used the same ATT server and Thunderbird for all my mail for a long time. The concept of switching over seems daunting. Might you elaborate simply on the two step verification. Old dog and new ways kinda issue!!!

glennc, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail - Similar Threads - Mail Connecting Service

2. Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail: I changed my ATT Yahoo password and, after updating it in MS Mail, the app no longer downloads ATT Yahoo email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-working-for-att-yahoo-mail/14e0f613-dbfd-4d5d-9980-9c1bfda5538f
  3. Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Not Working for ATT Yahoo Mail: I changed my ATT Yahoo password and, after updating it in MS Mail, the app no longer downloads ATT Yahoo email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-working-for-att-yahoo-mail/14e0f613-dbfd-4d5d-9980-9c1bfda5538f
  4. windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday

windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail Monday: windows 10 mail stopped syncing to att mail monday 4/6/20. I have uninstalled mail and reinstalled it, tried with pop and imap server settings. Used att.mai.net, att.yahoo.com, inbound.att.anet, and several others nothing works. Microsoft says to use the yahoo icon in the...
  5. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  6. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  7. Move from Mail to ATT/Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Move from Mail to ATT/Yahoo: My W10 Mail is fed by Yahoo but Mail always lags behind so I want to use ATT/Yahoo as my email. How do I make this change? 131339
  8. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  9. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832
  10. Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone

in Browsers and Email
    Actual Move From ATT/Yahoo Mail by Someone: I would like to hear from someone who has actually, successfully moved their email service while keeping their same email address from ATT/Yahoo to some other email service. Yes, I have read numerous how to articles but yet to have read a true life experience. Yahoo mail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo connecting to a service problem

2. yahoo mail connecting to a service

3. error message while importing address book from yahoo mail to yahoo messenger language:en

4. windows mail connecting to a service,
  5. windows mail connecting to service message,
  6. ATT Yahoo connecting to a service,
  7. connecting to a service windows mail yahoo,
  8. connecting to a service windows 10 mail,
  9. windows 10 mail frozen yahoo connecting to service,
  10. windows 10 mail connecting to a sevice,
  11. connecting to att service,
  12. windows 10 mail connecting to a service,
  13. windows yahoo connecting to a service