Windows 10: Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

Discus and support Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows 10 pre-installed with Lenivo Yoga laptop came with Mail app pee installed. Whenever i try to attach an excel or word file to my mail the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RavneetSingh1, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

My windows 10 pre-installed with Lenivo Yoga laptop came with Mail app pee installed. Whenever i try to attach an excel or word file to my mail the app freezes and i have to force quit the app. This ruins an otherwise excellent app.

I have tried reinstalling the mail and calander all using YouTube videos and have reset the app, but to no avail.

:)

RavneetSingh1, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 28, 2018
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 28, 2018
  4. sablepalm Win User

Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

Attach a file in a new email in Windows 10 Mail.

Is there no other way to attach a file in a new email in Windows 10 Mail other than from listed in the "Insert" folder in Windows 10 Mail when composing a new email? "Mail" is not one of the files listed in the "Insert" folder. The file I want
    to attach is from a deleted email.

sablepalm, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file.

1. Windows 10 mail crashes when trying to attach a file. - Similar Threads - mail crashes trying

2. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  3. File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not responding, especially when trying to attach files: When I create an email in Gmail and try to attach a file to an email the file explorer opens a blank window and stops responding. The attach process freezes and I see the message Open Not Responding in the File Explorer window. I then have to close Chrome what the issue could...
  4. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  5. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file: Whenever I need to attach a file whether through gmail, Slack, etc. -- any app where you can attach files it always crashes when in the file explorer view before I can even click on and attach the file. I don't have any third party antivirus programs, I've deleted suspicious...
  6. Windows 10 crashes when trying to attach a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Attaching audio file to Yahoo Mail--Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attaching audio file to Yahoo Mail--Windows 10: The result is "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action," etc. I'd appreciate a way around this problem. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-audio-file-to-yahoo-mail-windows-10/1ec10c75-6a69-447b-b15c-f997fc5f212a
  8. Windows 10 Mail attachments

Windows 10 Mail attachments: Hi. Windows 10 Mail app does not sync attachments from the linked Gmail account. E-mails have attachments, but when fetched into Mail inbox, then the attachments are lost. What to do? Tried already to enable IMAP from Gmail settings, removed several times Gmail account from...
  9. Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode)

Windows Mail Crashes When Replying To Mail With Attachment (Optimus Mode): Windows Mail app crashes when loading email content that are generally reply attempts to anything with images or attachments. --- I'm using a ThinkPad (W520) that uses Nvidia in 'Optimus mode', which seems to be culprit (affecting also other 'modern' apps that use any sort...
  10. Attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Attachments in Windows 10 Mail: I am also experiencing the problem of some attachments not being received in Windows 10 mail. The latest was a .pdf file not accessible through Windows 10 mail but was accessible through my phone through gmail. I do not know whether the same problem exists on my hotmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail force quit when trying to attach a file

2. I am having problems attaching files to gmail it keeps crashing

3. mail keeps crashing when i attach file

4. windows 10 mail freezes when try to attach file,
  5. gmail freezes when attaching documents