Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterCalabrese1, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored somewhere, they have to be accessible...some way, some how. When I type a name into the address bar and I get ten suggestions for email addresses that don't even exist anymore, it's a useless waste of time and I'm better off handtyping every address I ever use. Come on Microsoft, this is sloppy.

:)

PeterCalabrese1, Dec 17, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 17, 2019
  3. GaryB0125 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App Suggested Contacts

I finally figured out how to get rid of unwanted suggested contacts for my outlook.com account in the Windows 10 Mail App:

• Sign into the outlook.com account on the web and then delete any unwanted suggested contacts by clicking the X next to the suggested contact.
    • Sign out of outlook.com and then open the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Delete the outlook.com account from the Windows 10 Mail App.
    • Add the outlook.com account back in.
    • The deleted suggested contacts are now gone!

GaryB0125, Dec 17, 2019
  4. daevidd Win User

Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Before someone suggests this as an answer, let me just say that I am aware that the Windows 10 Mail app supposedly gets its contacts from the Windows 10 People app. The People app on my computer has the precise contacts in it that it is supposed to. The problem with the Mail app is this: When I type the first letter of a contact's name, and the menu with a selection of contacts to choose from drops down, it includes contacts that I was able to delete from the People app. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

daevidd, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

1. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions - Similar Threads - Mail delete contact

2. Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?: Good day...I have Windows 11 and the Mail app installed. My email is a Gmail account Whenever I start an email and type a letter or two of the recipient's name, Mail will suggest contacts. All good. However, there are some suggested contacts I wish to remove. Some online help...
  3. Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mail suggested contacts...how to manage?: Good day...I have Windows 11 and the Mail app installed. My email is a Gmail account Whenever I start an email and type a letter or two of the recipient's name, Mail will suggest contacts. All good. However, there are some suggested contacts I wish to remove. Some online help...
  4. Windows mail - suggests/populates contacts that do not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows mail - suggests/populates contacts that do not exist: Hi there, when typing an email address mail populates often with contacts that do not exist/have been deleted in the past, or had typos. They do NOT exist in People app. Where can I find them and delete? Win10, 64 bit, latest version, all updated Thanks...
  5. Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail: I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried right clicking on the contact but the “delete” option is greyed out. I tried selecting the contact but there is no delete option...
  6. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts: Hello, I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the People button...
  7. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail contacts: How do I delete/edit contacts stored in Windows 10 mail. They are different to those in my People https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contacts/7dd5ad8f-036d-4fb4-8a71-905d120ab48c"
  8. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail contacts: I am trying to change my list of contacts in Windows 10 mail to those from another computer. I made a csv file of the new ones and imported that in to Outlook .com. My People app and Contacts folder now contain the desired new ones. However in Widows 10 mail when trying to...
  9. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In: In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?. 36552