Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using the Mail app in Windows 10 and it is frustrating when while composing an email I press Alt+S and the email gets sent. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shaun Parsloe, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys

I am using the Mail app in Windows 10 and it is frustrating when while composing an email I press Alt+S and the email gets sent.

I would like to disable the Alt+S keys for sending email and the also rather dangerous Ctrl+D (which I found out by tragic accident) deletes an entire conversation.

Any idea how to do this in Windows 10 Mail app? All I can find on Google is how to do it for Outlook.

Thanks!

:)

Shaun Parsloe, Jul 24, 2018

2. How to disable hotkeys in Lenovo Ideapad MIIX?

Hi Ricardo,

Please refer to the below article to disable the hotkey feature in your device. (Refer to the section below the topic
    Solution which explains steps to disable the hotkeys).

To enable functional key feature without pressing Fn on IdeaPad U300s, U300e and U400 - us

If this doesn't helps, I suggest you to contact the Lenovo support team as the device manufacturer has set the hotkeys for the devices for convenient usage. Click on the below link to go to the Lenovo support team;

Home Global Support - us

Let us know if you need further assistance on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10: disable hotkeys for Snipping Tool?

The Windows 10 Snipping Tool has reserved some keyboard shortcuts. I wish to use them with another program.

Is there a way to release these? Or else disable the Snipping Tool completely?

The tool I wish to use instead is Greenshot, which I've been using for years in Windows (XP, 7, 8, 8.1). Here is the message Greenshot displays on install:

---------------------------

Warning

The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen" could not be registered. This problem is probably caused by another tool claiming usage of the same hotkey(s)! You could either change your hotkey settings or deactivate/change the software
    making use of the hotkey(s).
    All Greenshot features still work directly from the tray icon context menu without hotkeys.

Abort Retry Ignore

I found the registry entries, but I'm not sure what to edit to disable the Snipping Tool.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\TabletPC\Snipping Tool

EricChadwickOutAct, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Henry_738 Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys

How to disable a hotkey combination

In answer to your question, it wasn't one of the in-built hotkeys. As I mentioned in my question, the Shift V combination become associated as some kind of hotkey combination, and my computer did strange things whenever I tried to type my last name, which
    starts with a V.

I tried your suggested solution. In Windows 10, if you click on the screen, "Graphics Options" is not one of the options that shows up.

I did find a solution: by using System Restore I was able to go back to a time before the problem began, and that took care of the problem.

Henry_738, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys

1. Windows 10 Mail - Disable/change Hotkeys - Similar Threads - Mail Disable change

2. change/disable sound hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change/disable sound hotkeys: Since the new update, every time i click the button C on my keyboard, it mutes all sound. when i click X it lowers the volume. is there anything i can do to fix this issue, there isnt anything online....
  3. change/disable sound hotkeys

in Windows 10 Customization
    change/disable sound hotkeys: Since the new update, every time i click the button C on my keyboard, it mutes all sound. when i click X it lowers the volume. is there anything i can do to fix this issue, there isnt anything online....
  4. change/disable sound hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10: I recently purchased a keyboard that comes with a 'hyper' key, which counts as a combination of alt+shift+ctrl+win and is used as a modifier key. Unfortunately, Windows seems to think that's the key combination to open Office, and even though I don't have Office installed on...
  6. Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10: I recently purchased a keyboard that comes with a 'hyper' key, which counts as a combination of alt+shift+ctrl+win and is used as a modifier key. Unfortunately, Windows seems to think that's the key combination to open Office, and even though I don't have Office installed on...
  7. Changing Hotkeys

Changing Hotkeys: Hi, I'm fairly new to Windows as I just switched over from Macs, and I was wondering if it was possible to switch/change hotkeys. From what I've seen and researched, modifying hotkeys only works for certain keyboards. I'm using a Logitech k400 wireless keyboard and I...
  8. Hotkey change

Hotkey change: I seem to have accidentally changed some hotkey so that entering "shift + s" brings up a screen snipping tool. This is extremely obnoxious when I want to type a capital S; I have to stop what I'm doing, hit escape to exit the snip tool, and then use caps lock to do it. Anyone...
  9. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  10. Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer: How can I disable the Ctrl+D hotkey (that deletes files) in Windows Explorer? I'm specifically looking for a solution that does not involve 3rd party software; so preferably something like Group Policy, or a Registry key, or some other built-in method. 87870

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change hotkeys microsoft mail

2. how to disable hotkeys windows 10

3. hotkey email address on windows ten

4. disable windows mail hotkey