Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set up 7 email accounts, 5 of which including a Gmail account were previously managed by Webmail, using w10 Mail app. Very impressed with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenBooth3, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

I have set up 7 email accounts, 5 of which including a Gmail account were previously managed by Webmail, using w10 Mail app. Very impressed with the app but am having problems with two of the accounts. These are accounts held with Plusnet that I have used for many years using various client mail programs most recently in Outlook in both Pop3 and imap protocols. Currently all accounts use imap protocol.

The two accounts in question do not save a sent email to the "Sent" or "Sent Items" folders as the other accounts do. There is some mismatch between folder names in Mail and those on the imap server but these sync ok. The issue is that the email copies do not get to the W10 Mail folders to sync. I have reset W10 Mail on my older Laptop to no effect and have the same problem on a brand new Laptop with recent W10 install Home 1909 and no previous W10 Mail history.

This seems to be a recurring issue. Does anyone have a fix for this or any reason to think it will be fixed soon?

Many thanks.

Regards, Steve

:)

StephenBooth3, Jun 10, 2020

2. SENT EMAILS NOT BEING SAVED IN SENT FOLDER

PLEASE HELP! I have Windows 10 and I use Windows Mail. I can send emails but the emails I send are not being saved in my sent folder. My internet service provider has confirmed that the problem is not with the server but with your Mail application. I spoke
    with one of your customer service agents and was advised that in order to enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder, I must do the following: In Outlook 2010 or later versions: Click File, click Options and in Options, click Mail. Under the
    Save messages section, enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option. Click OK. Problem. When I follow your steps and go into Mail, there is not a Save messages section. I want to enable save sent emails and it should not be this difficult
    and time consuming.

MarilynTaylorXW, Jun 10, 2020
  3. K8A
    K8A Win User
    Sent Items are not showing in the sent folder in Windows Mail

Original Title: Sent Items - Windows Mail

Since upgrading to Windows 10, any messages composed and sent in Windows Mail do not appear in my Sent Items folder (on any device). I can't find where to make sure it saves a copy of emails that I send.

4. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

SENT EMAILS NOT BEING SAVED IN SENT FOLDER

I have Windows 10 and I use Windows 10 Mail. I can send emails as verified by my internet service provider, however, copies of the emails I send are not being saved in my sent items folder in my Mail program. In other words, after I successfully send
    an email, it does not show up in my sent box. My internet service provider advised me to contact Microsoft to advise that I need to enable "save copies of emails in my sent items folder". I did some research and apparently, I must locate the IMAP folder in
    my Mail program then simply place a check mark beside "save emails in sent box" but I can not find the IMAP folder in Mail.

MarilynTaylorXW, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

1. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder. - Similar Threads - Mail does save

2. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  3. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  4. sent messages not saving in sent folder

sent messages not saving in sent folder: hello.some of my sent messages have not been saved in my sent folder. the period was June 6 - July 3. messages were sent using gmail on a chrome broswer.is there a way to recover them?thanks...
  5. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  6. A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".: We are using the Mail app, Windows 10 on the laptop not Outlook. We have no problem sending or receiving emails. The problem is we don't have a copy of what we have sent. I have tried all suggestions from Windows/Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  8. Sent Items folder

Sent Items folder: How do I find the Sent Items folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-items-folder/226e660d-b3ed-4ed8-bdb8-1b2236d65a11
  9. Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:

Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:: I have upgraded to 1909 at Microsoft's suggestion but it has not solved the issue. I am not using Outlook. Can someone give me a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-is-not-saving-sent-emails/1b7ea4a2-4524-4c3c-98f3-7807b224b0cf
  10. How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Save mail sent as Shared Mailbox in sent items Shared Mailbox: When you have a situation of a user having full access and send as access on a shared mailbox and the user sends an email send-as or on behalf of a Shared Mailbox, the sent item will be saved in the user’s mailbox and not in the Shared Mailbox. To fix this, there is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail foesnt keep copies of sent items