Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; dear all in my Windows 10 Mail application Windows 10 Home, Mail Version 16005.12527.20258.0, german umlaut characters are displayed as chinese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinBruegger, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body

dear all

in my Windows 10 Mail application Windows 10 Home, Mail Version 16005.12527.20258.0, german umlaut characters are displayed as chinese characters.

The Powershell command "Get-CimInstance Win32_OperatingSystem -Property *" shows the following output:

Name : Microsoft Windows 10 HomeC:\WINDOWS\Device\Harddisk0\Partition4

BuildNumber : 18363

Locale : 0407

MUILanguages : {de-DE, en-US}
    OperatingSystemSKU : 101
    OSArchitecture : 64-bit
    OSLanguage : 1031

Installed Windows from a german iso image, set Windows Display Language to en-US, set the default app language to de-DE german Germany.

Learned from similar problems with umlauts Oracle sqlplus running in Windows cmd that the Locale respectively the codepage controls the way characters are displayed; but applications running in the .NET framework "should" work correct.

That supplied Mail/Calendar App seems to be an exception.

What do I have to change to fix this error ?

btw: the same mail is correctly displayed online in a browser Firefox, gmail

Regards, Martin

:)

MartinBruegger, Mar 17, 2020
  2. heedfeld Win User

Mail for Exchange - special characters (umlaut) in username

Hi,

I have several usernames with german umlaut-characters (ü, ä, ö, ß). These usernames are not able to logon within Mail for Exchange. Is there any hint?

M4E 1.06

E60 3.0633.09.04

heedfeld, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body

1. Windows 10 Mail does not show german umlaut correctly in mail body - Similar Threads - Mail does show

2. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  3. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  4. Mail app doesn't show email body in Hebrew

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app doesn't show email body in Hebrew: I have Hebrew installed on my Windows 10 PC and when I look at my Gmail account from the browser, it displays Hebrew in both the email title and body. But, when I use the Mail app, it only displays the title in Hebrew. The body is gibberish. How do I fix this? Thanks...
  5. Mail app not searching mail body

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not searching mail body: Title says it all - I've experienced this for quite some time now. I can recreate it by highlighing the email I'm looking for then searching for a phrase inside the content of the emal ... search finds nothing. Is there a fix that isn't "use another mail app" ? submitted by...
  6. mail transfer in Windows 10 cites only the first character of the mail body

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mail transfer in Windows 10 cites only the first character of the mail body: When I transfer an email in the Mail program of Windows 10, usually the content of the original message is cited with an header. But sometimes only the first character of the mail body is transfered as in this screenshot. It happens when the orginal mail was sent to a mailing...
  7. My e-mail body not showing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My e-mail body not showing.: My e-mail has suddenly stopped showing in the reading pane?? Any advice appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-mail-body-not-showing/f1c61070-1b5f-47a9-9f6b-a208c6e34ee5
  8. How to open a specific mail and match the content(body) of that mail if there are multiple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a specific mail and match the content(body) of that mail if there are multiple...: [ATTACH] In above image there are many mails if I open one specific mail then the content should be matched .As in gmail or in outlook if u open a mail its content are shown not other mail content are shown....
  9. I can't type in the body of Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't type in the body of Mail: I am running Windows 10 Home and Mail; I can't type in the body of Mail to compose an email message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-body-of-mail/29136370-47be-4e20-9f0e-9cc27261372f
  10. Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app: Hi Nothing happens when I CTRL-V text into the body of an email on my windows 10 mail app. It will paste into the subject line but not the body of the email. Nothing happens when I right click in the email i.e. no paste options. I am trying to copy text from Word. The...