Windows 10: windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today

Discus and support windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday windows mail did not update mail. Was told to change password. Did, but new mail still not come. Does come on website but I need it from,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamuelPress, May 7, 2019.

1. windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today

Yesterday windows mail did not update mail. Was told to change password. Did, but new mail still not come. Does come on website but I need it from, desktop mail icon

:)

SamuelPress, May 7, 2019
  2. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, May 7, 2019
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, May 7, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, May 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today

1. windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today - Similar Threads - mail does update

2. I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I just recently updated my Yahoo Mail password and as expected Windows 10 Mail inform that my Yahoo account settings is out-of-date and requested me to fix the account.The issue is when I clicked the Fix account button and Yahoo Mail login page appeared, I can insert my...
  3. I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot update my Yahoo Mail password in Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I just recently updated my Yahoo Mail password and as expected Windows 10 Mail inform that my Yahoo account settings is out-of-date and requested me to fix the account.The issue is when I clicked the Fix account button and Yahoo Mail login page appeared, I can insert my...
  4. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  5. Mail for Windows 10 does not update

Mail for Windows 10 does not update: Dear? Microsoft,why haven't you fixed this? This problem has been going on for years and has affected masses of users. Do you not care? Is it a case of "We've got your money so let's not be bothered"?How do you manage to stay in business?* Moved from Windows Settings to Apps...
  6. Mail for Windows 10 does not update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail for Windows 10 does not update: Dear? Microsoft,why haven't you fixed this? This problem has been going on for years and has affected masses of users. Do you not care? Is it a case of "We've got your money so let's not be bothered"?How do you manage to stay in business?...
  7. Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app

Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app: I have a yahoo account I use in Windows 10. Yahoo insisted that I change the password but when I go into the mail app on a different computer to update with new password I don't get an option Go into Account and then Settings Manage Accounts but the only thing I can...
  8. Mail password change issue

Mail password change issue: I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in...
  9. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Windows 10 mail changes my password: It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity. Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?...
  10. No new mail in Mail for Windows 10

No new mail in Mail for Windows 10: For the past few days my new emails are not showing in Mail for Windows and when a refresh is clicked it just shows the .... , for a very long time (hours) and gets nothing. Oulook for Android gets the mail no problem so they are there but will not display. Is It a...