Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Doesn't Find Information For My POP3 Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Doesn't Find Information For My POP3 Account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 mail doesn't find information for my POP3 account. I doubled and tripled checked my email address and password but no dice. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Windows 10 Mail Doesn't Find Information For My POP3 Account

Windows 10 mail doesn't find information for my POP3 account.

I doubled and tripled checked my email address and password but no dice.

Any ideas?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Kate 432 Win User

Windows 10 Mail leave a copy on the server

Hi Paola,

I have a few email accounts. Some are POP3 and some are not. I am only having trouble with the POP3 accounts.

I am using Windows 10 Mail. I cannot find an option on Windows 10 Mail to leave a copy of message on server. As a result all my emails in my POP3 accounts arrive on the server and then within an hour or 2 they disappear. This does not happen with the non-POP3
    email accounts.

Where is the option in Windows 10 Mail app to leave a copy of the message on server? I want the POP3 emails to stay on the server in Windows 10 Mail app.

Thanks.

Kate 432, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Can't sync POP3 account in Windows 10 Mail app

Good day Everyone,

I can't find any article relating to the problem I am facing with syncing my POP3 account on the Windows 10 Mail app.

I received an email from Microsoft indicating the Outlook.com accounts are to be upgraded soon and that I should access my email accounts using the Windows 10 Mail app.

On the Windows 10 Mail app, I was able to set up my outlook.com and hotmail accounts without any problems. However, when I set up my POP3 account, it is not syncing. I went into settings to set up the email username, POP3 server, Incoming and Outgoing mail
    servers, unchecked SSL requirements, unchecked Outgoing server authentication, and it still won't sync.

I keep getting notifications that this POP3 account settings are out of date and requires me to re-enter my password.

Could somebody help?

Thank you.

ganwilliam, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Mail Doesn't Find Information For My POP3 Account

Hi,
    I have a couple like this

when you go to the Add Account screen, go to the bottom and select advanced instead of other pop/imap
    from here you can manually input your server details and configure your account, second option is to manually add a pop/imap account

paulsalter, Aug 23, 2015
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    That add account screen was just small enough to hide the 'Advanced setup' and it's difficult top see the scroll bar.

Anyway I added it.

Thanks much,
    James

JamesJoey, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Glad you found it *Smile

I came across it by scrolling by mistake

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail Doesn't Find Information For My POP3 Account

1. Windows 10 Mail Doesn't Find Information For My POP3 Account - Similar Threads - Mail Doesn't Find

2. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  3. Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail: I am using Windows Live Mail to access a POP3 account from my internet provider. All of a sudden it stopped working. I haven't changed anything. Somehow, I managed to get the receiving mail service working again, but am unable to send mail from within Windows Live Mail. Can...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App: POP3 not working

Windows 10 Mail App: POP3 not working: Hi, I'm trying to connect a work email with the Mail app. The details are right but when I test, my emails are all stuck in the outbox. I can receive emails - I just can't send them. When using Mozilla Thunderbird, everything is fine. I have a feeling this is because I am...
  5. POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders

POP3 Email Account on Mail App - Can't add Folders: I have seen this question but no answers. This is hard to believe - that microsoft doesn't enable the Mail App to be fully functional for POP3 accounts. I need to be able to set up folders within my email account to organize my work. There is no "+" sign by accounts or...
  6. Mails lost from POP3 account when Windows 10 crashed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mails lost from POP3 account when Windows 10 crashed: I am using a Windows 10 laptop which recently crashed. I was downloading about 8 years worth of email from Gmail to Thunderbird POP3. I dont have any backup on GMail. When I recovered my laptop I see that I have lost about 80% of emails from Thunderbird. How do I recover...
  7. Windows 10 Mail & POP3

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail & POP3: I’ve been reading this thread https://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how...in-windows-10/ but i need to be able to set it to remove mail from the server - this setting has always been an option with PO3 accounts - but in Mail Version 16005.10827.20186.0 - in Account Settings -...
  8. Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App POP3 Account removes messages from server.: I have 3 pop3 accounts set up under the Mail App. One of them behaves like Outlook 2016 pop accounts. It does not remove a message from my cox.net server when I delete a message in the app. The other 2 remove a message from the server when I delete it in the app. I have...
  9. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

in Browsers and Email
    error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account: I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time [img] 16147
  10. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...