Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After reading my emails in my 2 accounts (personal and work) I like to select according to subject and then drag and drop into folders, which, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NigelMackay1, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders

After reading my emails in my 2 accounts (personal and work) I like to select according to subject and then drag and drop into folders, which, in earlier Outlook & running Win7 were in a column on the left, visible and always available. This keeps groups of similar emails useful for retrieving & searching. This was easy in earlier MS programs like Outlook. How can I organize windows 10 mail for the same drag and drop simplicity?

:)

NigelMackay1, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2019
  3. jmfsrt Win User
    Cannot drag email in any email programs or in windows 10 explorer

Ok, using windows 10 and as of today I'm unable to drag single files in explorer from one folder to another or one disk to another. Also, I am unable to drag email in any email programs to specific folders . very strange! Any suggestions?

jmfsrt, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders

Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders

1. Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders - Similar Threads - Mail drag emails

2. Recover deleted email folder in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover deleted email folder in Windows Mail: I accidentally deleted an important email folder in Windows 10 Mail not Outlook. I immediately realized my mistake but could not undo it. Now I can't find the folder in the DELETED ITEMS or in my desktop recycle bin. I tried to look for it in the Outlook app and outlook.com...
  3. Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App: I have an old Windows 7 computer that uses Windows Live Mail. My employer bought a new computer with Windows 10, which doesn't have Windows Live Mail. How do I get my old emails that are saved in folders on my computer onto the new computer.Thanks,Adam...
  4. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show up under folders option. I click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the email panel, select move, and none of...
  5. Drag and drop email from one folder to another

Drag and drop email from one folder to another: I am trying to move a file from one folder to another personal folder and is not working. When I open up the personal folder the latest emails are a month old. Why can't I move these files and view them?...
  6. windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders

windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders: Hi I have various personilize folders in my email accounts i.e. home folder and keep documents, receipts etc. But according to mail there is nothing there yet I can access them through my phone on bluemail, I have looked at preferences etc and can't find anything to alter, am...
  7. Email Junk mail folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Junk mail folder: Since setting up my email on my laptop Windows 10 I am unable to sync the Junk folder, incoming and out going email is fine, just an empty Junk folder, I can see all content of junk folder on my iphone and Tablet, any ideas mario...
  8. I can't drag email to a folder after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't drag email to a folder after installing Windows 10: I can't drag email to a folder after installing Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-drag-email-to-a-folder-after-installing/5fc85bb6-509b-4b1b-8d42-f55b41c8448d
  9. Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail: How do I set parameters for Junk Email in Windows Mail? I am getting a lot of wanted emails arbitrarily directed to my Junk folder and there seems to be no rationale whatsoever, because email from most of the same senders is arriving in my normal Inbox. This is causing me...
  10. Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail - Save emails to local folders: I have been using Thunderbird for long time but I would like to give Win10 mail a go. I am having problems finding a way to save emails to local folders on my laptop where I have an Emails sub-folder under My Documents. Would someone please give me a hint or two as to how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drag email to folders in windows 10

2. do not see sign in win10 mail create folders

3. cant drag emails into folders window

4. How to drag a email from Windows 10 Mail to a folder on my PC,
  5. how to drag emails into folders windows 10