Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get one of my Gmail accounts to work in the Windows Mail app. My other Gmail account works fine. The problem Gmail account works perfectly on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ErickGruis, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b

I can't get one of my Gmail accounts to work in the Windows Mail app. My other Gmail account works fine. The problem Gmail account works perfectly on several other PC's. The problem PC has fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed and all Lenovo drivers installed (Lenovo T440s).

Pop and IMAP are set to ON. Less secure apps is set to ON. Password is correct.

:)

ErickGruis, Sep 21, 2018
  2. tbdriver Win User

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    0x800c0008 error code when trying to set up a Gmail account in Windows 10 mail

Hi Chris,

To better assist you with your Windows 10 Mail app issue, please provide the following information:

• Is this the first time that you set up your Gmail account with Windows 10 Mail app?
    • Have you tried setting up other email accounts aside from Gmail account?
    • "I'm unable to get on gmail on Microsoft Edge." - Have you tried using other browsers in accessing your Gmail?
    • Are you getting an error when accessing your Gmail? If yes, please provide the exact error message and sample screenshot.
    • Using Microsoft Edge, can you browse other websites?

We're looking forward to your reply

Riel Alc, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b

Error 0x80072ee7 on Windows 10 Mail App when trying to add new Gmail account.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which are the two accounts you are trying to add (Microsoft account and Gmail account), confirm us?
    • Have you tried to add any account other than Gmail account and check if the issue persists?

The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the client computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve a URL for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site. This error may occur if the Hosts file contains a static IP
    address.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if you are able to install the updates.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the
      Windows Update Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, refer to the below article, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Error code: 0x80072ee7

Search for the same error code.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b

1. Windows 10 Mail error when trying to add one Gmail account Error 8x000000b - Similar Threads - Mail error trying

2. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  3. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  4. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'm trying to add a gmail account to MAIL and keep getting this error code 0x80070490

I'm trying to add a gmail account to MAIL and keep getting this error code 0x80070490: I'm trying to add a gmail account to MAIL and keep getting this error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-add-a-gmail-account-to-mail-and-keep/98c6ebf1-8ba5-49c8-8eff-43539108e530
  6. Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar

Error 0x80070490 when trying to add Gmail to Mail & Calendar: Hi,When I try to add my Gmail account to Windows Mail/Calendar I get "We couldn't find your settings", error code: 0x80070490.I'm running Windows 10 20H2 on a brand new Surface Pro 6 I just set up today. All updates have been installed, including for Windows apps. I've tried...
  7. windows 10 mail adds outlook accounts but not gmail and gives this error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail adds outlook accounts but not gmail and gives this error: we couldn't find your settings Error code: 0x80070490 how to fix it. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-adds-outlook-accounts-but-not/d025664c-be6d-4ef4-ba1c-1efbfc7faeef
  8. Error when trying to add Yahoo mail to Windows 10 mail

Error when trying to add Yahoo mail to Windows 10 mail: Hi, I am repeatedly getting an error when trying to add Yahoo account to Windows 10 mail app. At this, I still getting email from Yahoo about "New sign-in". So, I downloaded good old Windows Live and added Yahoo to it without problems. So far, the issue is only with mail app...
  9. Error when trying to add a gmail to windows mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error when trying to add a gmail to windows mail app: [ATTACH] When I try to add a Gmail to Microsoft mail, I get this error message. I tried to update and reinstalling the app and still doesn't work. https://preview.redd.it/zwjxq7tv0m151.png?width=674&format=png&auto=webp&s=e673059ddbe3e720fe1be5bc34ff553aa0f96f7d...
  10. Error code 0x8000000b when trying to add Gmail to Windows Mail app

Error code 0x8000000b when trying to add Gmail to Windows Mail app: This is what happens. I have just recently installed windows and this is the only function that isn't working correctly. I am up to date and I've checked the system for corrupted files/resources through cmd and it hasn't fixed this. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070000b in windows 10 mail add gmail

2. 8x000000b

3. 0x8007000b gmail

4. error 8x000000b,
  5. error 0x8007000b in windows 10 mail app,
  6. error code 0x8007000b windows 10 mail,
  7. error 0x8007000b mail google account,
  8. error code 0x800c000b windows 10 gmail setup,
  9. error adding gmail to windows 10 mail,
  10. error 0x8007000b mail setup,
  11. cannot add gmail to windows 10 mail 0x800000b,
  12. 8x000000b.,
  13. why does it say eror when i try to sync gmail wiht surface laptop 2 email,
  14. something error in creating google account in microsoft mails,
  15. microsoft error code 0x8007000b gmail