Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Fix Account window flashes by so can't change password

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Fix Account window flashes by so can't change password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm helping a neighbor who's Windows 10 Mail needs to have the password for her email changed. When I click either Fix Account or Account Settings the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Makuda, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Makuda Win User

Windows 10 Mail Fix Account window flashes by so can't change password

I'm helping a neighbor who's Windows 10 Mail needs to have the password for her email changed. When I click either Fix Account or Account Settings the grey window to do it flashes by but does not remain for me to change the password. How can I cure this? DISM, then SFC did not help.

:)

Makuda, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Dilbert Win User

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2019
  4. tbdriver Win User

Vista Windows Mail error in account setup

I’ve been using Windows Mail (Vista 32 bit) for almost a year with no problems. Recently my email account in windows mail was deleted, and I did not do it ! I have tried many, many, many time s to add my account back in and it will not add it. After I click finish on the last screen I receive the following error msg: “An error occurred while reading the new account information. No changes have been made.” …my account is not added. I also verified that I’m typing my password in in lower case as it should be. I have even phoned Comcast to verify my entries on each screen and they are correct (incoming/outgoing servers, etc). I also installed Windows Live Mail and I had the exact same error msg. In Windows Live Mail I can set up the account manually and in the outgong server, Comcast uses port 587 so, I can specify that port and it still does not help. I don’t think there is a problem in the software, I think it’s somewhere else in my OS, system, or ports or something… I have no clue. Also, I've started worrying if I have a trojan or malware that Avast and SpySweeper cannot detect. I did a boot-time sweep with Avast and it did not find anythng. Prior to that I did a scan (in the OS) and Avast found a malwre in an MP3 file downloaded from Limewire. It quarantined it and I deleted it. I did a system restore (using Vista's restore points) back about 5 days and still had the same problem. Did a restore back further and still the same problem. So, I still don't think the problem is in the software... gotta be some where else.

Can anyone help ? please ?

tbdriver, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail Fix Account window flashes by so can't change password - Similar Threads - Mail Fix Account

2. Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app: I have a yahoo account I use in Windows 10. Yahoo insisted that I change the password but when I go into the mail app on a different computer to update with new password I don't get an option Go into Account and then Settings Manage Accounts but the only thing I can...
  3. Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autofill passwords on mail accounts in windows 10: I added an old AOL account to my Window 10 mailboxes. I then changed the password. Now the autofill function in windows 10 reverts to my old password. I have tried deleting the account and readding, I have cleared cookies....help please...
  4. Changing Password to Account in Windows 10

Changing Password to Account in Windows 10: Dear Community, Thanking you in advance for any replies. I have a laptop, that runs Windows 10. When I bought this laptop, I had an e-mail address in Yahoo. When the laptop asked me for my e-mail address, I entered the Yahoo one. Now, I have a Microsoft address....
  5. Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.: My mom wants to change her password on her old windows computer, suddenly, when she tries through account> sign-in options> change password it just redirects her to her microsoft account, where she has to type her current password, and what the new password should be. I know...
  6. Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change

Change Password on Windows 10 EMAIL account with saved Password that will not Change: I have read the articles on EMail /Settings/ Manage Accounts and been unable to Change the Password on an E mail account that apparently has a remembered password from in the past. How do I change the password which is different now. I have tried SAVE several times and it...
  7. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Windows 10 mail changes my password: It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity. Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?...
  8. Windows 10 Mail. Yahoo Fix Account

Windows 10 Mail. Yahoo Fix Account: On the Windows 10 Mail app I have added my yahoo mail account but every 10 mins or so it says that my account information is out of date and I have to re-enter my password. I have a Google and Hotmail account that work fine it is just yahoo...
  9. Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password

Windows 10 Mail Program No way to change password: Using the win10 mail program, I have 3 different email accounts. One is a personal one through local provider, one is a google account and one is through EXCHANGE. I have been attempting to update the email password on the Exchange account. Going through Account settings,...
  10. Change Account Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Password in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Password in Windows 10 How to Change Password of Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. If you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does windows 10 mail change password after I enter it