Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - hangs when creating google mail account

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - hangs when creating google mail account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have for months now, been trying to add a google email account to windows mail. when I go through the process, entering my name/email account /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeP5, Jun 14, 2020.

1. MikeP5 Win User

Windows 10 Mail - hangs when creating google mail account

I have for months now, been trying to add a google email account to windows mail.
    when I go through the process, entering my name/email account / password, etc.. it sends me off to google to authorize, which I do, comes back to the mail screen but just hangs with CREATING ACCOUNT.... just sits there with a spinner, you cannot cancel either all you can do it hit the X to close the screen, I have uninstalled and reinstalled from windows store, I have reset the computer numerous times, I have reset the mail settings account using the settings reset . to include rebooting the computer each time. THIS IS GETTING OLD!

MAIL and Calendar are ON for allowed access.

Gmail is setup to allow IMAP, i have even tried POP, I know this is a windows mail app issue, because I installed thunderbird and setup the same gmail for IMAP account and it works fine on the same windows machine. so its the windows MAIL app that's the issue here

:)

MikeP5, Jun 14, 2020
  2. peerv Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

First confirm if you have two step authentication in you Google account.
    If YES follow these steps:

To have the Windows Mail app to work you have to generate a password for the Windows Mail app in your Google account at Anmelden – Google Konten
    Copy/paste this password into the password field of your Gmail account in the Mail app Settings/Accounts/Gmail
    This needs to be done only once.

Also check in Windows 10 Settings/Privacy if you have in Contacts AND Calender the Mail and Agenda allowed access ON
    If both are OFF the Mail app won't sync without throwing any error!!
    Just one off the many bugs in Mail app!

peerv, Jun 15, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. techbuzz Win User

Windows Mail

Is it possible to set up more than one email account when using Windows Mail? I hate Thunderbird because I could never get more than one email account set up and be able to send mail from both accounts. The outgoing servers kept on getting mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

techbuzz, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail - hangs when creating google mail account - Similar Threads - Mail hangs creating

2. Google Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Mail: I cannot set up my Google mail in my mail . It keeps coming up with error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-mail/f5ed88bb-2c01-49dc-966b-8551c4d56e49
  3. Google account not working in Mails and Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google account not working in Mails and Calendar: I have a Google account I want to use in the Mail and Calendar App. I can add it, but it doesn't work. In the Mails, no emails will sync. In the Calendar, there is no item under this account, which is not possible as shown in the screen shot. The account adding process goes...
  4. E-Mail and Accounts hangs...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-Mail and Accounts hangs...: I am using Win10 Pro 1909 and I cannot get E-Mails and Accounts to open up.. it hangs with dots moving along the top.. I tried SFC / scannow to no avail.. I cannot copy my USER profile as Copy To is greyed... Any thoughts! Thank you in advance!...
  5. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail: A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It is a Google mail address which is used. I have checked that Google IMAP is enabled and checked all the settings in Windows...
  6. windows mail hang issue.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows mail hang issue.: windows mail frozen issue when open inbox and not able to view account details & not able to remove account help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-hang-issue/e4e6c2e7-49f0-4e8c-b277-2bae631d938a
  7. adding a google account to my mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding a google account to my mail: I want to add a new google account to my email settings. It wont let me citing error 0x8007042b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-google-account-to-my-mail/3cb988c4-38cc-4661-b345-fc8a6793c8be
  8. Cannot create account on Mail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot create account on Mail: After reinstalling windows onto my laptop and having it setup, I tried adding my gmail and exchange accounts to mail, but after asking for the name I'm using, it constantly loads while 'creating account'. How can I make it at least add an account or finishing loading?...
  9. Google Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Mail: I cannot get my G Mail opened it keeps saying This page isn’t working mail.google.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS I have done what the page tells me to do this is work email and I can pull it up on yahoo but not G...
  10. Windows 10 access to Google Mail

Windows 10 access to Google Mail: Windows 10 wants access to my Google mail account. It says it can read, send, delete and manage my email. It states it may be sharing sensitive info. I don't want this but my email does not work if I deny this. HELP??...