Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you hide the reading pane in the Win10 mail app..? note: not talking about the Outlook office app!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinSouthin, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

How do you hide the reading pane in the Win10 mail app..?

note: not talking about the Outlook office app!

:)

MartinSouthin, Apr 28, 2020
  2. CountMike Win User

Reading Pane in Mail

When I left click on it my reading pane turns off.
    I can also shrink mail APP from right side so it just shows list of messages without reading pane.

CountMike, Apr 28, 2020
  3. how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?

Hello Chgvan0298,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Advisor and a Windows User like you and I will going to help you how to disable your Windows Mail Reading Pane or Preview Pane.

Steps:

* Open Windows Mail.

* In the Lower left clear the GEAR ICON for SETTINGS.

* Click READING

* In the Conversation section, click the “Show preview text” slider button so it turns light gray and reads Off.

* Now, you won’t see the first line of text on every email in the list.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Kbird Win User

Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

Reading Pane in Mail

Clicking on the 4 Lines puts you in Selection Mode , it isn't really like in, for example WLM, where you didn't need to have the reading pane open which checking the message list , but then when you clicked on the message to read it, it opened another window with the message.

This is not possible with Win10 Mail AFAIK (yet) though I was it was too. On a touch screen ,eg Surface Tablet, you can now double tap the message to open it in the same window but a double click on a desktop doesn't do that , at least for me.

Kbird, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane

1. Windows 10 Mail - hiding the reading pane - Similar Threads - Mail hiding reading

2. Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: The Reading Pane won't show up. When I click on an email, it opens up as a full window, and i have to close it to see the Message List again.There is no setup in the Reading Pane section to indicate that you can turn it on/off:I tried all the combinations of settings in this...
  3. Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reading Pane will not show up in Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: The Reading Pane won't show up. When I click on an email, it opens up as a full window, and i have to close it to see the Message List again.There is no setup in the Reading Pane section to indicate that you can turn it on/off:I tried all the combinations of settings in this...
  4. Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???

Change reading pane to bottom in Windows 10 Mail app???: There are over 1,000 votes on this topic in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail-winpc/windows-10-mail-app-how-to-change-reading-pane-to/376e1e29-56f1-4552-b173-18d1fef70083 How have the developers not prioritized...
  5. how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10?: how to turn off the read pane in Mail of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-the-read-pane-in-mail-of-windows/1b0e86ab-f23c-469a-b6a6-67f0c79d6742
  6. Line wrap in Windows 10 Mail reading pane

Line wrap in Windows 10 Mail reading pane: The original post was raised five years ago on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-wrap-in-windows-10-mail-reading-pane/8d4be53b-8348-4184-85cc-341470e4de26. That post has been locked but this email issue is still not resolved. As such, I am copied...
  7. CANNOT SCROLL IN THE READING PANE IN WIN 10 MAIL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CANNOT SCROLL IN THE READING PANE IN WIN 10 MAIL: I CANNOT SCROLL IN THE READING PANE IN WIN 10 MAIL APP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-scroll-in-the-reading-pane-in-win-10-mail/e6afeeff-360d-44d5-b6dc-b3a3cada75e6
  8. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  9. Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail App Disappeared: Yesterday afternoon my mail app suddenly decided that I no longer wanted the reading pane off to the right side unless I am in full screen mode. If I open the window wider (but not full screen) it will either let me have the preview screen or the bar off to the left with the...
  10. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923