Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password. So... how does one change their password in Windows 10 Mail using a Hotmail account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterSkap, Dec 18, 2019.

1. PeterSkap Win User

Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password

Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password. So... how does one change their password in Windows 10 Mail using a Hotmail account.

:)

PeterSkap, Dec 18, 2019

2. Hotmail password got hacked

Nah, you have to register the e-mail with them when you're signed in.

E-mail 'em mate, they'll change it no worries. Year before last I forgot my password, I just had to e-mail them with a picture of me, holding a hand-written note displaying my name.

scaminatrix, Dec 18, 2019
  3. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4. Polarman Win User

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password - Similar Threads - Mail change hotmail

2. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  3. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  4. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot change hotmail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  6. Cannot change hotmail password

Cannot change hotmail password: I am unable to change hotmail password. I know my security answers. I can also go to the next step and when I put a new password, I get an error message that something is wrong currently. Please try again later....
  7. Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app

Changing password in Windows 10 Mail app: I have a yahoo account I use in Windows 10. Yahoo insisted that I change the password but when I go into the mail app on a different computer to update with new password I don't get an option Go into Account and then Settings Manage Accounts but the only thing I can...
  8. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

no hotmail in windows 10 mail app: why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hotmail-in-windows-10-mail-app/e79f4d31-b49d-4331-b401-97919170d4d3
  9. Windows 10 mail changes my password

Windows 10 mail changes my password: It would appear that this problem is ongoing. I thought I was going nuts, but no, windows mail is just driving me nuts! I have reset the app from settings and it continues to change my password with impunity. Is this microsoft's way of blackmailing you into paying for 365?...
  10. Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts: How do I import my Windows 10 mail (hotmail) contacts into EM Client? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-hotmail-contacts/ef8eeada-a60c-40b3-95b2-03a6557a93fc"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If I change my Hotmail password will it affect windows Mail?

2. if i change my hotmail password will it affect Windows Mail