Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WRMILES, Sep 29, 2022.

1. WRMILES Win User

Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar mail icon, the unread message indication disappeared even though I did not do anything further.Anybody know what's going on?

:)

WRMILES, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Bearpeje Win User

Windows Mail Icon on Taskbar shows 1 Unread email, but all are read

Hi,
    I have been using Windows Mail for a couple of years now as my default client.

Windows 10 version 21H1, X64 based.

Running Windows Mail Version 16005.14326.20544.0

Yesterday, the Number '1' appeared on the Taskbar Icon, indicating an unread email or other notification like an update available etc.
    However, All messages have been read, and show as such.

I accessed my Outlook email account online, and there were 2 messages showing as unread, so I read them, and All Outlook messages are read.

But Mail Icon still showed '1' ?

I have restarted my PC, and followed a few suggestions from online search of the issue, but none have removed the false notification.
    Does anyone know how to remove or reset this false notification please ?

Bearpeje, Sep 29, 2022
  3. email display of unread messages

Hi,

There's a possibility that your unread emails could be saved in one of the subfolders in your inbox. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest checking and expanding all subfolders in your inbox and see if there are unread messages. If there are no unread
    messages, then Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to help us determine and address the problem.

In case the problem persists, we suggest that you refresh your email notification by turning off/on the email notifications in Windows 10 Mail app. Here's how:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the page, then select
      Options.
    • In the top drop-down menu, select the email account where unread messages show up and scroll down to the Notifications settings.
    • Turn off/on the Notification.
    • Close the Windows 10 Mail app, then relaunch it.

Let us know how it goes so we can further look into the issue.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 29, 2022
  4. mbratch Win User

Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread message available. However, all messages have been retrieved and read.

I had this problem before, quite some time ago, and reported it here in another thread. At that time, the solution offered solved my problem. However, this time, the solution is not working. I can't seem to get rid of the phantom unread email count.

mbratch, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages - Similar Threads - Mail Icon Showing

2. Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail Icon Showing Unread Messages: This has just happened recently.Windows 10 taskbar Mail Icon was showing 1 or 2 messages unread when all are read.I discovered that when accessing mail by the Outlook button on msn.com,, the unread message indication remained.When accessing mail by clicking on the task bar...
  3. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.: On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it....
  4. Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail Windows 10 not showing unread messages in folders until I click on them.: As the title says. Is there a way to turn on folders syncing so that when a rule moves an unread message to a folder it appears in the Mail client? For example, when I look at my email within the browser I can the Junk folder has 2 unread emails in it. When I look at the...
  5. Phantom unread message in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phantom unread message in windows mail: Go to "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\" Then backup et delete hxdxxxxx.xxx files. That's work for me...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message: I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread message available. However, all messages have been retrieved and read. I had this problem before, quite some time ago, and...
  7. Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail icon shows one notification although there are no unread mails: The Windows Mail Icon in my taskbar persists in showing me that there is one notification, even though I have no unread emails and there is no notification in the Action Centre. Is there an easy way to clear this? I have tried selecting all and marking as read then as...
  8. Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App not showing all mail, just unread.: I'm a bit slow jumping on the Insider Preview bandwagon, and as 10 is literally around the corner I thought I'd better get some practice in so I've only just installed Windows 10 for the first time today. I'm on build 10074 and have added my hotmail account to the Mail App...
  9. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...
  10. Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message: I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account,...