Windows 10: windows 10 Mail in will not open new accounts

Discus and support windows 10 Mail in will not open new accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After windows 10 mail stopped downloading emails I reset the Windows Mail app. When I attempted to add new accounts to it, after entering the email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PAL123WP, Dec 8, 2021.

1. PAL123WP Win User

windows 10 Mail in will not open new accounts

After windows 10 mail stopped downloading emails I reset the Windows Mail app. When I attempted to add new accounts to it, after entering the email details, it kept cycling in the loading mode without success. On advice online, I created a new local user account and had no problem in adding new email accounts to this user account.What does this indicate is the problem in the original user account and how do I rectify it?

:)

PAL123WP, Dec 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. windows 10 Mail in  will not open new accounts :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 8, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 Mail in will not open new accounts - Similar Threads - Mail open accounts

2. windows 10 Mail in will not open new accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Mail in will not open new accounts: After windows 10 mail stopped downloading emails I reset the Windows Mail app. When I attempted to add new accounts to it, after entering the email details, it kept cycling in the loading mode without success. On advice online, I created a new local user account and had no...
  3. Opening One AOL account in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening One AOL account in windows 10 mail app: Hi, I have several AOL email accounts and all are set up in the Windows 10 mail app. One of the accounts that I use all the time just started yesterday, where it keeps saying it cannot connect. I have gone through all the steps, deleted the account, keep putting my...
  4. Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new accounts on Mail & Calendar for Windows 10: 0x8007042b error whenever I try to add a Gmail or Yahoo! account. I've followed these directions to no avail. Uninstalling the program or resetting it in App Settings not only does not fix the problem, but it doesn't even delete my account data. Running out of ideas. Shame...
  5. WINDOWS 10 "MAIL" - NEW ACCOUNT "SIGN IN" GREYED OUT - WHY?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 "MAIL" - NEW ACCOUNT "SIGN IN" GREYED OUT - WHY?!: Having previously successfully set up 3 email accounts in Windows 10 Mail (which are working OK), now I try to set up a forth one (via "Add account"/"Other account" or "Advanced setup", the "Sign in" button at the end is now permanently "greyed out" (even after re-booting)!...
  6. No new mail in Mail for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No new mail in Mail for Windows 10: For the past few days my new emails are not showing in Mail for Windows and when a refresh is clicked it just shows the .... , for a very long time (hours) and gets nothing. Oulook for Android gets the mail no problem so they are there but will not display. Is It a...
  7. Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Adding new accounts to Windows Mail: I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the email address and password and get the message : 'We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is...
  8. new account opened

in Browsers and Email
    new account opened: I opened a new account for my wife in windows 10. she is now getting her emails under her account login so can i delete her email from my login? 105869
  9. New mail account set up

in Browsers and Email
    New mail account set up: after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says it cannot contact mail.bellsouth.net:110:0. 52229
  10. New experience for Gmail accounts in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps

in Windows 10 News
    New experience for Gmail accounts in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps: Announcing new features for Windows Insiders with Gmail accounts in the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps. Over the past year we’ve introduced many new features in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps for users with Outlook.com accounts—such as easily tracking travel and shipping...