Windows 10: Windows 10 mail keeps bugging me about this, but all my gmail accounts have IMAP enabled....

Discus and support Windows 10 mail keeps bugging me about this, but all my gmail accounts have IMAP enabled.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/scorcher24 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scorcher24, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 mail keeps bugging me about this, but all my gmail accounts have IMAP enabled....

/u/scorcher24, Nov 19, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Cant add a Gmail account to windows 10 builtin mail app (error 0*800c0005)

Hi, Muhammad.

Thank you for posting your response. We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

If the account has been successfully added and you are facing sync issue, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

Steps1:

• Go to the Security section of your Google account
    • Under Connected apps and sites, go to Apps connected to your account, make sure Windows is on the list.
    • After the Google account is connected with your computer, you need to create the new IMAP account. But, before you create a new IMAP account in your Mail app, you need to enable IMAP usage in your Google account. Follow the steps
      below to do so:
    • Sign in to Gmail
    • Click the gear in the top right
    • Select Settings
    • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP
    • Select Enable IMAP
    • Click Save Changes
    Step 2:

After you enabled IMAP usage in your Google account, you can create the new IMAP account in your Mail app, and everything should work fine. Just follow these steps to create the new IMAP account:

• Open the Mail app
    • Go to Settings (Cog icon), Accounts, Add Account, Advanced Setup, and then to Internet Email
    • Fill in the details like this:
    • Account Name: {any string like “My Gmail”}
    • Your Name: {your name like “Fred Bloggs”}
    • Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com:993
    • Account Type: IMAP4
    • User name: {your gmail address}
    • Password: {the one time password you just generated, otherwise just your gmail password}
    • Outgoing SMTP email server: smtp.gmail.com:465
    • All checkboxes checked
    Now try to connect to your Google account with the new Account.

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the outcome, so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 19, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 mail keeps bugging me about this, but all my gmail accounts have IMAP enabled....

Advice needed : New e-mail account

I use gmail with Windows Live Mail but I don't use IMAP since I want to leave a copy of all mails on the server once I deleted a mail in WLM.
    If I really want to remove all old mails (sometimes I do) I login to gmail in my webbrowser and delete my old mails.

P4-630, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 mail keeps bugging me about this, but all my gmail accounts have IMAP enabled....

1. Windows 10 mail keeps bugging me about this, but all my gmail accounts have IMAP enabled.... - Similar Threads - mail keeps bugging

2. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings: HiI have two gmail accounts set up under Windows Mail - one was set up under the "Gmail" option and works fine. The other was set up using the "Other" option and IMAP as I need to be able to use a different sender name for the second one. Until last week these were both...
  3. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings: HiI have two gmail accounts set up under Windows Mail - one was set up under the "Gmail" option and works fine. The other was set up using the "Other" option and IMAP as I need to be able to use a different sender name for the second one. Until last week these were both...
  4. Windows Mail not working with Gmail using IMAP settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  6. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  7. Windows 10 Mail: I always get this dialog box for my gmail account when IMAP is enabled......

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail: I always get this dialog box for my gmail account when IMAP is enabled......: [IMG] submitted by /u/s_sorrow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjpmve/windows_10_mail_i_always_get_this_dialog_box_for/
  8. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  9. Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account

Mail app keeps deleting the Gmail account: In mail I am unable to open Gmail account as every time Mail is opened its asking to link account, but in Settings - Email & Accounts - account used by email, calendar and contacts my Gmail account is displayed as linked. Pls suggest how to get Mail app working again....
  10. [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    [bug!?!?] problems with mail app and gmail: i have to preserve mail messages on the server because i help people not too experts and i don't want they accidentally loose something, so... - tried to use pop3, as in live mail, but after a refresh the previously downloaded messages just disappear from mail app - tried...