Windows 10: windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge

Discus and support windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-link-wont-open-chromeonly-edge/88527428-369f-4405-b99c-e6b32c963040 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by michael mmartin, Dec 4, 2019.

1. windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge

any fixes?

:)

michael mmartin, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time and efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When you say, “unable to open links from my windows mail app (not Outlook) using Chrome as my default browser” do you mean that the hyperlinks in Mail app doesn’t open in chrome when clicked?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try resetting the default applications and then change it as per your requirement and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Resetting the default apps will Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults. If you have changed the default apps, make a note of the apps before resetting.

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and click on
      Default apps
      on the left pane.
    3. Under Default apps, click on
      Reset.

Once the apps are reset, change default browser to Google Chrome and check.

If the issue persists, you may want to check this behavior in a new user account. Refer the steps

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account. After creating the account, configure the Mail App and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Not Opening Links in Chrome?

Hi Franchek,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that some of the link are not opening through Google Chrome.

Before proceeding, we need to know which version of Google Chrome is installed on Windows 10.

Note: As you don’t have any issues on EDGE browser, I suggest you to set the EDGE as default browser.

I suggest you to delete the browsing history/delete cookies from the Google Chrome browser. If the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall the Google Chrome from the Google Chrome website and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge

1. windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge - Similar Threads - mail link wont

2. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  3. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  4. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome

Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome: Hello,For the past month or so I have been having trouble opening links from external applications with my default web browser google chrome. When I try to click on a link or a button that redirects to links they do not do anything. If I instead copy the text of the url and...
  6. Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain external links wont open to Google Chrome: Hello,For the past month or so I have been having trouble opening links from external applications with my default web browser google chrome. When I try to click on a link or a button that redirects to links they do not do anything. If I instead copy the text of the url and...
  7. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  8. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  9. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail

Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail: Hi, I am unable to open links from my windows mail app (not Outlook) using Chrome as my default browser. I can open the same links using Microsoft edge, but I don't want to as I use Chrome. My university Hub page will only work on Chrome so I need to continue to use it. I...