Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail location

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings folks, Does anyone know the location of the folder where emails are stored if you use the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App or are they not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by templar, Mar 4, 2016.

1. templar Win User

Windows 10 Mail location

Greetings folks,

Does anyone know the location of the folder where emails are stored if you use the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App or are they not stored locally on the PC anymore?

Someone said they were in the microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/localstate folder but they aren't so I'm guessing that may be a Windows 8 Mail answer and things have changed since Windows 10. I've also searched for .eml files and cannot find any.

Any help appreciated.

:)

templar, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Shonkin Win User

Windows Live Mail

Where exactly are the Windows Live Mail e-mail files located? ( desktop running Windows 10)

Shonkin, Mar 4, 2016
  3. idigweeds Win User
    Would like to open "Windows 10 Mail" with the "Mail" key on my multimedia keyboard.

Hmmmm... if I am using "Windows 10 Mail", it would follow that I am using Windows 10, right?

The latest drivers for my keyboard are already installed. However, when pressing the "Mail" key on the keyboard, it can't find "Windows Live Mail" (now uninstalled). All I need to know is where the executable "Windows 10 Mail" file is located on my hard
    drive, so I can reassign the "Mail" key to run it instead.

I have looked, but they appear to be missing at the two most logical locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail

C:\Program Files\Windows Mail

The only other location I could suspect is:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Unfortunately, Windows 10 won't give me permission to open that directory, even though I am 'god' on this computer.

idigweeds, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Mail location

My main e-mails are in my main e-mail account if I want to save them in a folder
    Like your msn,com. Hotmail, or gmail acconts
    They are sync over from them to Windows 10 mail app

hTconeM9user, Mar 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    So far, this is what I found out. I cannot say it is the correct path. Hopefully, someone who knows this topic will come along.

Here is the path I am aware of..............
    C:\Users\Mohit\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\F iles\601

Open 601 and you should see .dat files.
    Trouble is...... I don't know how to open .dat files. So I don't know it they contain what we are looking for.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail location

1. Windows 10 Mail location - Similar Threads - Mail location

2. Locate Windows Live mail version

in Browsers and Email
    Locate Windows Live mail version: Still using WLN 2012 but not sure of the version I have. We are using Windows 10 home, and had a system crash in May 2019 and the tech installed Windows Essential 2012 so we could retrieve some of the email. I checked the internet and the two different thing they suggested...
  3. Locate Windows Live mail version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate Windows Live mail version: Still using WLN 2012 but not sure of the version I have. We are using Windows 10 home, and had a system crash in May 2019 and the tech installed Windows Essential 2012 so we could retrieve some of the email. I checked the internet and the two different thing they suggested...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type

Windows 10 Mail App file locations and type: Hi, While adding the mail account in Windows 10 Mail App, available options are: Add Outlook.com Add Exchange Office 365 Add Google Add Yahoo Add iCloud Other account (POP & IMAP) If we add either of Outlook.com or Google or Yahoo, what is its type POP3 or IMAP?...
  5. Mail App store location

Mail App store location: Hello! I'm having some space problems with my SSD (where Windows 10 is installed) and found out that the Mail app is taking up a lot of space. Since I don't even use it, is there some way to free up most of this space? I tried changing the settings on storing only last...
  6. Unable to freeup disc space identified as mail not able to access or locate origin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to freeup disc space identified as mail not able to access or locate origin.: I am trying to free up disk space on my laptop . in my storage settings the Mail is taking up most of my disk space. I dont use my mail box on my Laptop. I have a gmail acct on my phone . When I try Manage mail my inbox is empty .. How can I find it to clear the mail?...
  7. Windows 10 mail app archive file location

Windows 10 mail app archive file location: I want to create an archive file so I can copy it and use it after I reboot my surface but the mail app does not allow me to select where the archive file is stored?...
  8. Change mail app archive location

in Browsers and Email
    Change mail app archive location: I've searched until my fingers are raw... *Sick In the Windows 10 mail app, I want to change the location where the "Archive" button sends the mail to. Currently the default location is the "All Mail" folder, I'd like to change that. Can anyone tell me how to go about that?...
  9. Location of Archive Folder of Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Archive Folder of Windows 10 Mail: Spent hours trying to find an answer; hopefully someone here can help! I want to be able to backup the archive folder for my Windows 10 mail to an external hard drive. Does anyone know where the archive folder for Windows 10 mail is located on the computer C: drive? 109716
  10. Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages

in Browsers and Email
    Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages: How can I move location of messages in windows 10 mail app form the default location on drive C: to drive d: ? Walter 97741