Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail location

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings folks, Does anyone know the location of the folder where emails are stored if you use the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App or are they not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by templar, Mar 4, 2016.

1. templar Win User

Windows 10 Mail location

Greetings folks,

Does anyone know the location of the folder where emails are stored if you use the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App or are they not stored locally on the PC anymore?

Someone said they were in the microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps/localstate folder but they aren't so I'm guessing that may be a Windows 8 Mail answer and things have changed since Windows 10. I've also searched for .eml files and cannot find any.

Any help appreciated.

:)

templar, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Shonkin Win User

Windows Live Mail

Where exactly are the Windows Live Mail e-mail files located? ( desktop running Windows 10)

Shonkin, Mar 4, 2016
  3. idigweeds Win User
    Would like to open "Windows 10 Mail" with the "Mail" key on my multimedia keyboard.

Hmmmm... if I am using "Windows 10 Mail", it would follow that I am using Windows 10, right?

The latest drivers for my keyboard are already installed. However, when pressing the "Mail" key on the keyboard, it can't find "Windows Live Mail" (now uninstalled). All I need to know is where the executable "Windows 10 Mail" file is located on my hard
    drive, so I can reassign the "Mail" key to run it instead.

I have looked, but they appear to be missing at the two most logical locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail

C:\Program Files\Windows Mail

The only other location I could suspect is:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Unfortunately, Windows 10 won't give me permission to open that directory, even though I am 'god' on this computer.

idigweeds, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Mail location

My main e-mails are in my main e-mail account if I want to save them in a folder
    Like your msn,com. Hotmail, or gmail acconts
    They are sync over from them to Windows 10 mail app

hTconeM9user, Mar 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    So far, this is what I found out. I cannot say it is the correct path. Hopefully, someone who knows this topic will come along.

Here is the path I am aware of..............
    C:\Users\Mohit\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\F iles\601

Open 601 and you should see .dat files.
    Trouble is...... I don't know how to open .dat files. So I don't know it they contain what we are looking for.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail location

1. Windows 10 Mail location - Similar Threads - Mail location

2. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  3. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.: I cannot find where the EML Windows Live Mail folders are stored on my Win 10 Home edition, homebuilt tower computer hard-disk. I read they supposed to be in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\file or at c: \users\default migrated\appdata\local\Microsoft\Widows folder, which was...
  4. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.: I cannot find where the EML Windows Live Mail folders are stored on my Win 10 Home edition, homebuilt tower computer hard-disk. I read they supposed to be in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\file or at c: \users\default migrated\appdata\local\Microsoft\Widows folder, which was...
  5. Location of Live Mail folders in Win 10 Home edition.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. I am unable to locate my recent sent emails? I am using Windows Mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to locate my recent sent emails? I am using Windows Mail.: Three days ago I sent 2 important emails and cannot locate them in the "Sent" folder. I am using Windows Mail via Google, not Outlook. Just sent a test email to myself and it doesn't show up. This is beyond frustrating!...
  7. I am unable to locate my recent sent emails? I am using Windows Mail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to locate my recent sent emails? I am using Windows Mail.: Three days ago I sent 2 important emails and cannot locate them in the "Sent" folder. I am using Windows Mail via Google, not Outlook. Just sent a test email to myself and it doesn't show up. This is beyond frustrating!...
  8. I am unable to locate my recent sent emails? I am using Windows Mail.

I am unable to locate my recent sent emails? I am using Windows Mail.: Three days ago I sent 2 important emails and cannot locate them in the "Sent" folder. I am using Windows Mail via Google, not Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-locate-my-recent-sent-emails-i-am/934d41bc-9df8-4033-bab7-fc661b0d479a
  9. Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location: Running W11 completely updated and Mail app. I keep emails sorted in folders. When I can't find an email I do a search and it shows what I want, BUT IT DOESN'T TELL ME WHICH FOLDER IT'S IN. Why not? I want to move or work on the email or other emails in the same folder but I...
  10. Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location

Windows Mail app search results do not show folder location: Running W11 completely updated and Mail app. I keep emails sorted in folders. When I can't find an email I do a search and it shows what I want, BUT IT DOESN'T TELL ME WHICH FOLDER IT'S IN. Why not? I want to move or work on the email or other emails in the same folder but I...