Windows 10: windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

Discus and support windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, For the first time I'm using W10 (ver 1909) Mail instead of other email clients. It was very easy to setup Outlook accounts but what puzzles me... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by akoppa, Apr 26, 2020.

1. akoppa Win User

windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

Hi all,
    For the first time I'm using W10 (ver 1909) Mail instead of other email clients. It was very easy to setup Outlook accounts but what puzzles me is how to set "unread mails" as default instead of the current "show all items in folder."

Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

:)

akoppa, Apr 26, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Apr 26, 2020
  3. bulls96 Win User
    Select Unread Mail

am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app?

seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already.

thanks.

bulls96, Apr 26, 2020
  4. windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

Default Mail Client

I had to Dban my desktop last week after a friend was on it while I was out of town. Now--when I use my main e-mail, and try to send a e-mail, I get this message --this can not be completed because the default mail client is not properly installed. Can anybody help or explain this to me ?? It's a new 1 on me !!

fsufan0025, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default

1. windows 10 mail: Need help to set unread mails as default - Similar Threads - mail Need help

2. need to remove Outlook mail icon/setting from system settings as default mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to remove Outlook mail icon/setting from system settings as default mail app: By mistake Outlook was set as default mail app. How do I remove it? This is the location in settings. it was originally not there.Before this happened and I would copy a link and my chrome/ aol would open. I do not use outlook other than to write in this forum.Can someone...
  3. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  4. Set 'Unread' to Default?

Set 'Unread' to Default?: In Windows 10's Email Client, You can choose to display 'Unread' messages only, but I don't see an option to enable it by default every time I open the app. There's no way to do so?...
  5. Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting

Windows 10 Mail Default Font Setting: I have reset the Windows 10 Mail default font to 12 point, followed by a Restart. However, when I start typing a new email, the font in the message is STILL the original setting of 11. If I refer back to the Default setting, it shows that it is 12. ??...
  6. Default Mail app will not set

Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  7. Need Help for Windows Mail

Need Help for Windows Mail: Greetings, I have Windows Mail Version 16005.10730.20084.1000. I use three emails on a regular basis. Two of them I have no problem whatsoever with. But the third one, which I use for business purposes, I keep getting, "you might need to update your password or give the...
  8. Select Unread Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Select Unread Mail: am i missing something or did we lose the ability to select all unread mail in the Mail app? seemd like a backward step if true. are thelNning to address this? i sent feedbback already. thanks. 8054
  9. Set default mail program

in Browsers and Email
    Set default mail program: Yeah, I know: Settings/Default or Control Panel/Default. But it won't work with OE Classic. It's installed and working but Windows never heard of it. Perhaps add it to the registry manually? 94526
  10. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...