Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 "MAIL" - NEW ACCOUNT "SIGN IN" GREYED OUT - WHY?!

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 "MAIL" - NEW ACCOUNT "SIGN IN" GREYED OUT - WHY?! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having previously successfully set up 3 email accounts in Windows 10 Mail (which are working OK), now I try to set up a forth one (via "Add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by goshjm, Jun 2, 2019.

1. goshjm Win User

WINDOWS 10 "MAIL" - NEW ACCOUNT "SIGN IN" GREYED OUT - WHY?!

Having previously successfully set up 3 email accounts in Windows 10 Mail (which are working OK), now I try to set up a forth one (via "Add account"/"Other account" or "Advanced setup", the "Sign in" button at the end is now permanently "greyed out" (even after re-booting)! Why?! How to overcome this?

:)

goshjm, Jun 2, 2019
  2. PWST Win User

Solved - How to delete an account in Windows 10 mail

As of August 14, 2015, when following this process word-for-word it fails at step 4, "Sign In Locally" doesn't exist.

After step 3 there are the following options:

• Your account,
    • Sign-in options,
    • Work access,
    • Family & others users,
    • Sync your settings.
    Suggestively, within "Your account" there is the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" whereby after entering your registered email-based User password there is the ability to enter in a new User Name, Password and Hint.

It seems as though to "Sign in with a local account instead" de-links a User's account from Microsoft's servers (while still being able to surf the internet).

Q1: But does it de-link email accounts connected to the Mail app and Outlook 2013 in Windows 10?

Personally, I am failing to de-link my personal Outlook from the
    Mail and Calendar app. De-linking from
    Outlook 2013 is easy, within Outlook 2013:

• go to "File", go to "Info",
    • go to "Account Settings",
    • go to "Account Settings Add or Remove Accounts..".
    Q2: How do I de-link my personal Outlook from the
    Mail and Calendar app?

PWST, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Claw57 Win User
    Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 "MAIL" - NEW ACCOUNT "SIGN IN" GREYED OUT - WHY?! - Similar Threads - MAIL ACCOUNT SIGN

2. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  3. Require Sign-In Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Require Sign-In Greyed Out: Hello,There was an older thread but the advice is out-of-date. I am using windows 10 home edition. My camera doesn't support Hello Face. I do not have Local Group Policy Editor. I shut down my computer and when it booted up I had this issue. How can I turn off Require...
  4. Windows Hello sign-in greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign-in greyed out: I have a new install of Windows 11 Pro and see that the option for allow Windows Hello sign-in is greyed out:How can I disable Windows Hello? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-greyed-out/a74c7582-8991-4ee7-ba7a-023f3962ff7d
  5. Windows Hello sign-in greyed out

Windows Hello sign-in greyed out: I have a new install of Windows 11 Pro and see that the option for allow Windows Hello sign-in is greyed out:How can I disable Windows Hello? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-greyed-out/a74c7582-8991-4ee7-ba7a-023f3962ff7d
  6. The sign in button for the feature to add a new mail account is greyed out/disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sign in button for the feature to add a new mail account is greyed out/disabled.: The sign in button that must be submitted for a new mail account to be set up is greyed out. I've followed a few suggestions online to fix it including, setting up and logging in with a local account instead of the online microsoft account and I've also changed the user type...
  7. The sign in button for the feature to add a new mail account is greyed out/disabled.

The sign in button for the feature to add a new mail account is greyed out/disabled.: The sign in button that must be submitted for a new mail account to be set up is greyed out. I've followed a few suggestions online to fix it including, setting up and logging in with a local account instead of the online microsoft account and I've also changed the user type...
  8. The sign in button for the feature: Add mail account is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sign in button for the feature: Add mail account is greyed out.: I unable to get the sign in button that must be submitted for a new mail account to be set up is greyed out. I've a few suggestions to fix it including, setting up and logging in with a local account instead of the online microsoft account and I've changed the user type from...
  9. The sign in button for the feature: Add mail account is greyed out.

The sign in button for the feature: Add mail account is greyed out.: I unable to get the sign in button that must be submitted for a new mail account to be set up is greyed out. I've a few suggestions to fix it including, setting up and logging in with a local account instead of the online microsoft account and I've changed the user type from...
  10. Why is it greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is it greyed out?: And I can't even see the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-greyed-out/d6e4699e-f0f8-4196-94d7-bad8bb8d2459

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in with a microsoft account instead is grayed out

2. allow button greyed out windows 10 mail

3. windows 10 mail sign in remains greyed out

4. why is the email address that i want to sign in with grayed out outlook.com,
  5. windows 10 mail account settings greyed out,
  6. sign in with local account instead greyed out,
  7. windows mail sign in greyed out