Windows 10: Windows 10 Mail (not outlook) Started Spamming

Discus and support Windows 10 Mail (not outlook) Started Spamming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dell XPS desktop with Windows 10 Pro. It is up to date as of yesterday with OS updates, etc. I sent two emails, both to the same addresses. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JackPresley, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Mail (not outlook) Started Spamming

Dell XPS desktop with Windows 10 Pro. It is up to date as of yesterday with OS updates, etc.

I sent two emails, both to the same addresses. After sending the last email (both to two known gmail accounts), I got an undeliverable message from a message I did not send. I went to sent items, and spam messages were being sent about 1 per second.

I disconnected the computer from WIFI and went to my iPhone and mail showed lots of messages populating the sent items folder. I wasn't sure if the iPhone was just catching up or if an offsite spammer was now using my account to send the emails.

We use G-Suite apps, and I'm the admin, so I logged in and shut down mail while I did troubleshooting. I also changed my password and signed out of everything using via Google's web interface.

I went back to the Windows PC and looked at recent app installations. The top two were from Microsoft: Mail and App Installer? Manager? (Don't remember, sorry.) I uninstalled it. It would not let me uninstall Mail. I rebooted the computer and ran Windows Defender which showed no results. I tried the offline option, which said my PC would reboot, etc. All that did was reboot the computer. It never did anything.

I was late for a flight, so I restarted the mail service on G-Suite and shutdown the Dell and left. The spamming stopped.

Was this coincidence that someone hacked my account or is this an issue with Mail? Very suspect of the recent "installations" being Mail, unless it just happened to be updated that day. Thanks for any insight.

:)

JackPresley, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Outlook 2016 Spam Email

I accidentally marked an email as spam and it got moved into my spam folder. I have tried moving it back into my inbox but when Outlook syncs, the mail moves back to my spam folder. I have tried creating a rule to move it back into my inbox, added the email address into my safe senders list and also tried rebuilding my outlook profile but I still get the same result. Any ideas as to how this can be fixed?

TeNaJ Systems, Nov 6, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Mail (not outlook) Started Spamming

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mail (not outlook) Started Spamming

1. Windows 10 Mail (not outlook) Started Spamming - Similar Threads - Mail outlook Started

2. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is spam junk mail in windows 10?: spam junk mail in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-spam-junk-mail-in-windows-10/7fe1a900-7913-4c82-a968-dc9b2b75728d
  3. Spam mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spam mail: I use two mail accounts in this app. One is a gmail account and one is a paid account. In the gmail account I have all the options for folders that I need, including a folder for spammail. However in the other account I only have access to a limited number of folders, and...
  4. windows 10 mail - not outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail - not outlook: email in my subfolders are gone. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-not-outlook/1f412a20-e41f-44f9-a844-263f1705064d
  5. Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail

Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail: I have multiple email accounts. Two Outlook and two Chrome. I don't see any reference to including all email addresses in one location under each specific email address. What am I missing. Is there a purpose to making everything a "snipe hunt" to find your stuff?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail for Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail for Outlook: Is there a way I can view all messages without switching back and forth between Focused and Other. Do not like this "feature". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-for-outlook/dde7b44c-77b5-4443-83d6-c22da61a080e
  7. Outlook Spam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook Spam: hi. I keep getting this email from my email address. Saying ive been hacked etc. Ive scanned my laptop etc. Nothing on it. Any help appreciated. Thanks Hello! I have very bad news for you. 17/11/2018 – on this day I hacked your OS and got full access to your account...
  8. W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting

W10M: Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar not starting: Hello, since yesterday (update to version 16006.11001.20083.0) the Outlook-Mail and Outlook-Calendar apps are not starting anymore on my Lumia 735. There is nor error message or something else. Removing all accounts: same result.. Soft reset: same result. Even after a hard...
  9. Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar will not start on my Windows Phone.

Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar will not start on my Windows Phone.: Outlook apps have been running fine for years, suddenly stopped yesterday. Running Windows 10 on a Nokia 930, can't see anything that's not up to date....
  10. spam mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spam mail: Hii, Some people used my mail address , howe to stop to that problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/spam-mail/da83941a-2e14-45ef-aeaf-35914205105f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spaming with sent from mail for windows 10